Headroom Home amp for the HD650's
Jun 6, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 5
I use 650s with an older gen Home amp (2 iterations back) and I think it is a very good match. HeadRoom really makes a great product. Their amps are among the very best, but they aren't flashy enough to generate a lot of buzz. That and they've been around for forvever. I guess you don't hear much about them because everyone already knows they're great. The best part is, that you can find models similar to mine really cheap because they've released a few more iterations in the last few years so the old ones are "obsolete" but still sound great.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 5
I have become a big fan of the Headroom processor(w/ filter) in the last couple months. Previous to using the processor, and after only owning the low end amps (Litte and Total Airhead) I had been significantly less enthusiastic of their products. Now I have an old '97 Max and the Little. The Max is wonderful! The Home, with its regulated power supply, should (like the Max) be an excellent general-purpose amp. With the processor and HD650, be prepared for a LOT of bass, but as long as you like bass it is truly a sweet combination.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #4 of 5
He likely started this thread because hes interested in my Headroom Home. This unit is about 3 years old, and I forgot to mention it is upgradeable to a Maxed Out Home with Reference Module at Headroom for 300USD which would most certainly make a significant upgrade.

I found this amp especially good with cans such as the akg k501s, using crossfeed was pretty fun with those.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks everyone especially Morphie for offering me your amp
smily_headphones1.gif
I really didnt know too much about headroom amps...but it sounds like a wonderful amp.
thanks again
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back