HeadRoom Debuts New Spider 'Moonlight' Full-Size Headphone at THE SHOW 2012 Newport
Jun 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Hello Fellow Head-Fi Headphone Lovers,

HeadRoom was fortunate to have Ronny Tsai President/CEO of Spider Audio drop by our booth (incognito!) at T.H.E. SHOW in California last weekend and present us with his brand-new Moonlight full-size sealed headphones. We debuted it over the course of the event and found it to be extremely comfortable and very well-isolating with a smooth, bumpy bottom and good top-end extension. The slightly oversize 'retro' space-age cosmetics is pretty cool and calls out to steampunkers and Jetsons fans everywhere!

Just wondering if anyone got a chance to spend some ear time with the Moonlight proto at our tables and maybe solicit your initial listening impressions?

Many kind thanks to Ronny/Spider for letting HeadRoom be the first to provide the Spider Moonlight experience to listeners!

Cheers,

jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 9
Interesting design, I've seen it before though but yea would gladly hear more about it but I assume the price is a bit higher on this one, at least it looks like more on the expensier side. ^^

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 9
I'd like to see some impressions of it from trusted sources. I saw this a few months back, and have entertained the nation of being one of the first to own this time around.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Interesting design, I've seen it before though but yea would gladly hear more about it but I assume the price is a bit higher on this one, at least it looks like more on the expensier side. ^^

Hello RPGWiZaRD (and the Moonlight curious!),

Please don't hold us to this, but i believe Spider is shooting for a pricepoint somewhere around $399... Nice.

Cheers,

jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 9
There has to be someone with some impressions somewhere.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #9 of 9
Here's Jorge's response.  Hope we will see it in the future.

"[size=medium]Spider has apparently delayed Moonlight release until 2013 for reasons unknown; the model we had at THE SHOW was an initial prototype and has been returned to Spider".[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back