HeadRoom Cosmic vs. Ray Samuels HR-2 / XP-7?
Sep 30, 2003 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
Dear Todd:

Nice to see you are in charge of your own company. I see that you have made some pretty strategic decisions with regards to including selling headphones & amplifiers along with accessories. Nice move.

Okay, I wanted to ask you a question but I am not sure whether you will find it appropriate to answer them. I know that you used to work at HeadRoom and perhaps you had a hand in designing the HeadRoom Cosmic (Reference Module) and possibly the Base Station One. On the HeadRoom webpage, it says that these two items combined begin to enter the performance level of their reference headphone amplifiers. I do not dispute their claims. However, what do you think about a Cosmic (Reference Module + PSU) versus the Ray Samuels HR-2 or XP-7? May I please ask you to provide some objective and brief opinions on these two different headamps? I really want to try something different in headamps and I thought to ask you since you seem to have the most knowledge about this subject matter. In a few days, I may just very well place an order for a Ray Samuels HR-2 or XP-7 after I collect more answers to my questions from you and other Head-Fi members as well.

Anyway, thank you for reading my message. I hope that you will give me some brief, objective, comments on whether to switch or stick with what I got.

Best Regards:

Weichiek Sun AKA Welly Wu

Sep 30, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi Welly Wu,

I own the Cosmic Reference and think very highly of it. As for comparing it to the Emmeline XP-7, I will have to do a lot of comparison listening to evaluate the differences between the two. I am expecting to have some in stock soon and 1 of the XP-7s is earmarked for evaluation. If you elect to try one for yourself, I do have a 30 day money back on everything I sell so you could also give it a try and send it back if you don't like it.

I will be posting about the Emmeline amps and my thoughts soon. I just have to spend the time listening!

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back