HeadRoom Amps Going Away Soon - Get 'em while you can
Mar 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jamey Warren

Member of the Trade: HeadRoom
Dear Head-fi,

As I recently mentioned in my blog post, HeadRoom is discontinuing its current line of electronic products.

While it is hard for us to see these products go away, we are excited to bring on a number of headphone amps and dac's from a variety of manufacturers. Even more exciting is figuring out how to measure and evaluate them. We'll be adding more as we have time and we really appreciate your input into what you'd like to see available at headphone.com in the future. If you don't see your favorite headphones, amp/dac or accessories available on our site, let us know what you're looking for so we can change that.

Cheers,
Jamey

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 19
Hi Oliver,

You can expect full warranty support. All amps will come with the standard HeadRoom warranty. We have a pretty good supply of replacement parts and circuit boards, etc.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 19
That's lame, but I guess I can understand why you have to do it. I've always liked my Micro more than any other amp i've tried.
Hopefully it holds up for another 5 years.

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 19
Sorry to heat that, always wanted to try some of your amps. Will you folks be having any sales to clear out your merchandise?? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:
Sorry to heat that, always wanted to try some of your amps. Will you folks be having any sales to clear out your merchandise?? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

They had the Headroom garage sale (I scored an Astrodyne for $50!) and still have the Micro discounted on their webpage. I paid $350 for mine and it's worth it for sure. Now it's $250 or so.
I wish I had the money for the Micro DAC, but maybe before they're gone forever.

May 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 19
Me too RamblinE but I'm happy to know that you have an awesome sounding headphone amp. That won't change any time soon unless you get rid of it.

May 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #12 of 19
So I should get off the fence about a power supply unit for my BUDA?  It would be bad to prevaricate so long as to have them dissappear!

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #14 of 19
This is a real shame 
frown.gif

I own two of your amplifiers which I prize for their clear and neutral sound and seem to work well with most headphones unlike others.
I thought your own manufactured headphone range differentiated you from the competition and gave you s USP.
Combined dac/amps are fine for portable use but personally I much prefer separate dac and amp for home use as the technologies evolve at different rates so integrated units can become outdated relatively quickly

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 19
They don't have it on their site anymore, but I wonder if they would do any bundles on their remaining stock like a BUDA + UDAC + DPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back