HeadRoom AirHead, SoundMAGIC A10 OR FiiO E7?
Apr 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

popcorn

New Head-Fier

Newbie here looked at budjet portable amp, narrowing it down now to:

HeadRoom AirHead,
SoundMAGIC A10
or FiiO E7

this is to go with AKG K240-MKII headphones

Thanks for your help everyone.....

(alternative amps welcome)

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Earlier today, I would have recommended the Fiio, but now, after discovering another problem on another E7 I just purchased, Fiio is making it harder & harder to recommend. My first E7 had a problem w/ one of the headphone jacks not sending audio to both channels. And now, I'm noticing a problem w/ the screen of my current one. I've purchased a total of 4 different Fiio products (2 E7's & 2E5's) and 3 out of the 4 have malfunctioned. SQ is very good for the price, but I'm beginning to see why they're so cheap. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 7
What device is your music stored on?  The HeadRoom Total BitHead might give you more flexibility, as you could use its DAC to connect via USB to a computer and bypass the computer's sound card. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Very interesting.  Personally I would recommend doing a little more research before buying, as a lot of portable amps have come out since the introduction of the AirHead.  A well regarded Head-Fi member has done reviews and rankings of 56 portable amps., and that would be at least a good place to start if you haven't read that thread.

Review: Portable amp roundup! 56 portable amps reviewed and compared - FINAL update 12-20-10 added..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back