Headroom 4.5v TA
Mar 25, 2002 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got home and found the new 4.5V Total Airhead waiting for me. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. It looks just like the old version except for the LED.(thank you). The cable that came with it is a thin black one with gold plated ends. The last Airhead I haead (original version) had a thick red (Staightwire?) one. I'm going to try it out tonight with a Panasonic portable, Cambridge 500SE, Ety 4P's, Sen HD600's and Grado RS-2's. Let you know.

Lextek
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 8
I got mine yesterday as well. It's been running in for the last 24 hours, and I will also post a review, as well as a comparison with the Porta Corda.

Ross

Mar 26, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 8
Ross/Lextek....How long did you guys have to wait?! I ordered an amp from Headroom last Monday. They told me a week but no joy yet. First time for me buying anything from Headroom, what's their rep for service??

Mar 26, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 8
I ordered mine on Weds or Thurs. I have only listened to it with a PCDP and Ety 4P's. I really like the processor now. I don't think the high roll off. It seems to sound fuller. I quess it's that blob thing. So far I really like the new TA. My original Airhead had a background hiss with the 4P's. This one doesn't. But, I think that was fixed prior. I briefly tried the portable rig with HD600's. The little amp can drive them. I think the Ety's are a better match for this amp. I went back and forth betwwen using the amp and just the PCDP. The amp adds a lot. A very, rich, full sound. I would also say more detailed. It just sounds better with the amp. I've got a Cosmic coming on the Ed. Loaner Program. I'm curious how that will sound.

Lextek
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 8
Keep the faith. It is worth the wait. Give Headroom a call. I've tried the 4.5TA with just a PCDP and Ety 4P's and RS-2. Both sound very,very good. The LED at first looked like it stuck out too far. But you can tell it's on from different angles. Designed that way?

Lextek
cool.gif

Mar 28, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 8
lextek, if possible, could you please feedback on the battery life of the 4.5v TAH? I'd really like to know whether the amp can last up to a full 35+ hrs playback time, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back