Headpnone amplifier for Audio-Technica ATH-W5000
Jul 29, 2011 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dubselect

Head-Fier
Hello.
I'm W5000's owner. Now I use them with Musical Fidelity V-CAN and Linn Majik CD. They give comfortable and detailed sound, that I like very much! But sometimes midrange (especially vocals) is a little bit brighter than I want - so that it is uncomfortable to listen loud. So, I'm searching for any other headpnone amplifier which can solve my problem - make midrange softer or, maybe, not as bright as it is now.
I listened to Musical Fidelity M1HPA, SPL Auditor, Vincent KHV-111 in audio shop with Vincent CD-S5. But this CD player sounds in a different way than my Majik CD. So I can't judge these amplifiers right. But I can say that MF M1HPA has more heights than I like, so it sounds too bright. SPL has a lack of bass. Maybe it is ok for some other phones, but not for W5000, as they have not got ehough amount of bass. KHV-111 has dirty and non-emotional sound. And of course, all these aplifiers have the same problems (bigger or smaller) with midrange as V-CAN - it was uncomfortable to listen to them loud. Maybe SPL was the most appropriate for W5000 in terms of producing midrange. But I am afraid SPL has not ehough bass even with Majik CD, but I'm not sure.
And what about Audio-Technica HA5000. I don't want to buy it through Internet and there are no HA5000 in our country...
I'm going to Dubai so I'm planning to buy headpnone amplifier there.
So, what can you advise to me? Maybe pay attention to Naim Headline 2? Or some of Schiit amplifiers? I don't know...
Please, help me to choose anything!

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 5
I think HA5000 has discontinue, you can only get it in used market.

try this...  http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=120&category=10

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=at-ha5000&_sacat=0&_odkw=ha5000&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Users who are viewing this thread

Back