Headphons for School
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 27
Okay, I'll recommend the ES7s. Fun sound, decent looking, not too big, benefit from but don't require an amp, available used, leak in but not out, and they are well-liked here.

I was not impressed with the Denon 1001 and sold mine. Currently I'm giving the Beyer 770s a try and so far I like them, though my initial impression is that the bass is a bit loose.

I'd like to try the AT M50, but not enough to buy them. Search for reviews and comparisons.

Mooch

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 27
How big are the A700's? Since I only dabble in headphones I really dont have a reference.

I would really like a full sized pair of phones instead of smaller portable phones. (i.e. circumaural) These phones will also play the role of phones used at home so I am looking for best of both worlds.

The M-Audio look nice as do the ATM50's(and these kind of fold).

Hey Moocher, I have been near between too.

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #20 of 27
get something sleek, and low profile but stylish at the same time.
I would get the audio technica sj5, just for school i mean. I have sj3s and theyre great for around campus, i would imagine it's bigger brother sj5 would be a better choice in sound quality. Maybe you can buy two with your budget.

i use sj3 for school cus im broke at the moment.
i would get the sj5 for school, sleek, stylish, low profile, cheap.
maybe a black sj5, the silver ones are tacky.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #21 of 27
Out of the suggested headphones which ones are circumaural? I would like something that completly covers my ears, hence orginally looking at the A700 and D770.

Are the M50 or the M-Audio Q40 like that?
I would like something that would be good for home use also.
How fragile are the A700s? The size really doesnt bother me but I will be carrying them in my bag (with case) and taking them out and putting them back in quite a bit.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What no Audio Technica ES7 recommendations?

thats like the most common headphone among teens in singapore now.. more common than ibud actually .

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #23 of 27
From experience: The Sony MDR-7506s are pretty good. They're the most durable headphones ever. Mine flew across rooms several times and nothing happened to them. However, the AKG K271 MK2's are great headphones that no one has mentioned. They don't have slammin' bass, but I'm not much of a basshead, so if you're like me it might not bother you.

From what I've read, the AT M50s are great, as are the Denon 1001ks and AKG K81DJs. So... hopefully I'm being helpful.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #25 of 27
I have IEMs now and really dont care for them would rather have larger phones.

Not a bass head at all but I like to be there when needed. Just not bloaty bass.

Thanks for the suggestions, going to look at the AKGs now i have always liked the asthetics of them.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #27 of 27
The M-Audio Q40s are great all-arounders, and are also somewhat portable because they fold up, but they don't isolate all that well. Also, they can be a little uncomfortable until you stretch them out or buy some Beyer pads for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back