Headphonia USB DAC Cable
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

utdeep

Headphoneus Supremus
All,

I recently purchased a USB DAC cable from headphonia.  I wasn't expecting much, but I am incredibly impressed with the sound quality and portability of the product.

Previously, I used my Macbook Pro with a Ray Samuels Predator and Shure SE530.  I've switched to using the Macbook Pro with the Headphonia DAC cable, Ray Samuels Mustang, and Shure SE530.  The sound is more open and crisp, even when compared to a iPod Touch coupled with a Sendstation line out, Ray Samuels Mustang, and Shure SE530.

I am on crack to think that this sweet tiny little accessory is ridiculously underrated on this forum?  It is possibly the best and cheapest audio upgrade I've had in a long time.  Other than communication difficulties with Headphonia, I'm a happy customer.

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 41
Thanks for these brief impressions. I have been looking around for reviews of this USB cable DAC and there isn't much, except for a few scattered posts indicating their preference to this over their uDAC and D10.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 41
Whatever it is, I'm very impressed. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 41
Since I got my DAC cable from Headphonia, I've been using it with my Arrow 12HE or TTVJ Hybrid listening to either an ER4P or ER4S. My iBasso D10 DAC uses the same Wolfson WM8740 DAC but the DAC cable sounds warmer and smoother.

Jun 11, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 41
If i get some spare cash, im gonna hit up this cable with the Arrow. I know i dont need either of them... but i sold off my big setup so i need something to fill in the gap :/ lol damn this place!

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 41
Just bought the cable myself. I was either going to go for the uDac or the cable, and went for the cable instead. Hopefully I made the right decision!
Can't wait for it to arrive. 
normal_smile .gif

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #9 of 41
I just ordered one to use with my Head Six for Portable PC usage.

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 41
Thats what im doing... I decided not to go for the arrow and bought the headsix for the difference in price! Should be a good combo!

Quote:
I just ordered one to use with my Head Six for Portable PC usage.

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #11 of 41
I absolutely LOVE my headsix.  The headsix *almost* competes with my HR Micro amp.  I will be investing more in Meier in the future. 

Aug 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #13 of 41

Quote:
Cables are a lie.

I think you may have misinterpreted the thread.  

The 'DAC Cable' is cool because it has a DAC built 'in line' into the cable.  There is nobody on here trying to argue that a cable improvement will increase the performance/quality of a DAC.

But as far as cables being a lie, I would love to discuss with you the improvements I noticed on my UE triple.fi's with a different cable.  But that is another thread.  Feel free to PM me if interested :shrug:

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 41
The only disappointment I've had with this cable has been when I've coupled it with the camera connection kit with the iPad.  It's clear that it must draw some USB power to work correctly... it sounded terrible with the iPad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back