Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 29, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #1,337 of 1,852
Audio Technica WS-70: easily the most uncomfortable headphones i've ever worn, and I paid almost $200 for them.

Audio Technica ATH-EWS9: mediocre sound quality for almost $300, lacks the "awesome bass" i was told it had (and yes it was purchased legitamately) - but at least these are still being used - I gave them to mum to watch movies on her tablet and she likes them.

May 29, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,338 of 1,852
Audio Technica WS-70: easily the most uncomfortable headphones i've ever worn, and I paid almost $200 for them.

Audio Technica ATH-EWS9: mediocre sound quality for almost $300, lacks the "awesome bass" i was told it had (and yes it was purchased legitamately) - but at least these are still being used - I gave them to mum to watch movies on her tablet and she likes them.

The esw9 is not meant to have powerful bass. Its sound is meant for instruments and piano which is mid focused.

May 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #1,339 of 1,852
Quote:

Who ever said the ESW9's were bass-heavy? No one.

May 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #1,341 of 1,852
I don't know about the esw9 having mediocre sound especially for an on ear.

May 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,343 of 1,852
So looking at the comments, AD700 would be the headphone people regret the most buying cause the AD900 are the most fabulous headphone under 500 dollar so they wish they had put the extra 50 dollars to get the AD900?

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,345 of 1,852
Quote:
Vote up for AD700.

For what they are....and how cheap they can be had I see NO REASON on EARTH  why anyone would have a bad thing to say about the ATH-AD700.

They aren't for every music genre but when they agree with the music they're magic.

A colored magic....but a VERY nice color.

I can only say my only regret was the Sennheiser HD-205....not the best choice for my first real pair of headphones. But for $23......I guess I can't really complain except for the vice grip head clamp and the upper mid/treble emphasis which can make music listening painful.....not meant for music enjoyment.

The biggest dissapointment is that it IS NOT in any way representative of the Sennheiser house sound.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,346 of 1,852
Quote:
For what they are....and how cheap they can be had I see NO REASON on EARTH  why anyone would have a bad thing to say about the ATH-AD700.

They aren't for every music genre but when they agree with the music they're magic.

A colored magic....but a VERY nice color.

I can only say my only regret was the Sennheiser HD-205....not the best choice for my first real pair of headphones. But for $23......I guess I can't really complain except for the vice grip head clamp and the upper mid/treble emphasis which can make music listening painful.....not meant for music enjoyment.

The biggest dissapointment is that it IS NOT in any way representative of the Sennheiser house sound.

Well, while AD700 is a solid performer, you can get better phones at that price. Because it's ranked so high in head-fi, we all expected a top notch sound from a $100 headphone.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,348 of 1,852
I think the ad700 would not be a good primary headphone and that is why I see people giving it a hard time.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #1,349 of 1,852

I have a pair of "real" ATH-ESW9s, loving them!
Great sound for the money.
What can I say?
YMMV!

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #1,350 of 1,852
My most regretful headphones are the Advent wireless headphones. They don't adjust high enough to fit onto my large head. They also clamp so hard that they put too much pressure onto my head. I'm also not good with older wireless headphones so I can't adjust them to the right frequency to get the sound quality. What a waste of $20.00 at a thrift store. From now on, the headphones I'll be getting will either be wired or have bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back