Headphones you regretted buying the most
Sep 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,696 of 1,852
Ya that's what I thought until I heard d7000, gs1000, he500 etc.

I used to love lcd2.2 the dark sounding and later in time I noticed how much the sound was congested.

I am not an expert in audiophile world like you so I might be wrong but one thing I am sure that it was very very painful to wear audeze headphones even after I up both headband and lcd3 pads.

Just imo. Peace.

As a former GS1000 owner, I can definetly say that the Audeze LCD-2's trounce them. Even my AKG K340's, when properly powered sounded better.

Sep 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,697 of 1,852
Beats by Dre Studio...........

I don't regret the Solos though, because I managed to re-purpose them as a gift :D

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,700 of 1,852
^ NONE!!!
L3000.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-sale-reference-zero-audio-tenores-55-vsonic-vsd1-30-shipped-all-must-go

No really even the worst of the worst had taught me something valuable in this crazy hobby so they were all "worth" it at the end.
happy_face1.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #1,701 of 1,852
I own several headphones. I bought a pair of UR-10 for my granddaughter. These are made by KOSS. For the heck of it I plugged them in to check out. Wish I hadn't. The sound is terrible,feel uncomfortable and yes I knew they were cheap. But still The sound was not even somewhat clear. Way to much uncontrolled treble. They actually hurt one's ears. I did leave them plugged in for 24hrs to see if there was an improvement. I could not tell any difference. I will not give to my granddaughter. Maybe Goodwill.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,702 of 1,852
denon d7100 .... very uncomfortable (well for me)    hot ears and not loud enough cheapish sound ...no way worth the money
I was  refunded -- £70..   cost was £400 new and i was thinking that was a good deal till I heard them!

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #1,703 of 1,852
I own several headphones. I bought a pair of UR-10 for my granddaughter. These are made by KOSS. For the heck of it I plugged them in to check out. Wish I hadn't. The sound is terrible,feel uncomfortable and yes I knew they were cheap. But still The sound was not even somewhat clear. Way to much uncontrolled treble. They actually hurt one's ears. I did leave them plugged in for 24hrs to see if there was an improvement. I could not tell any difference. I will not give to my granddaughter. Maybe Goodwill.

i hated those too they even look goofy and the pad ishard as a brick

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #1,704 of 1,852
sorry to revive the old thread.
BEATS BY DRE STUDIO.
Im not even sure why I bought these 2 years ago.
maybe I must've been a basshead, but I realized beats sound that realistic compared to my experience in live (especially after listening to classical on beats by dre).

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #1,705 of 1,852
A900x - Realized that I didn't need a second set of closed cans after purchase, and, sonically, they didn't do anything terribly special to warrant using them often and their isolation was relatively poor. Bought them used and could not return the HP. Not a bad headphone at all, generally speaking.

DT250 - The only headphone I ever sent back: dull, veiled, muted, opaque, no real extension on either side of the spectrum. Hated them.

Special mention: K550 - Impressive isolation and some sense of clarity. The only reason why I own and use them. Well, not the only reason; I think their industrial design is absolutely gorgeous. Sonically, they're overly lean with peaky upper mids, lean lower mids resulting in a lack of body, a congested presentation that seems less so due to their thin tonal balance. I can only enjoy listening to them with an OTL. SS, even with my Vio V200, forgetaboutit. Way too abrasive.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #1,706 of 1,852
Beats Studio v2: Don't get me wrong, they sounded great but moved on to something better after I discovered head-fi. It would be unfair to say that these suck because the sound is actually pretty good...but not worth the pricetag.

Also the active noise canceling is annoying. Lots of hiss which I can hear when a song ends or when I run out of songs and just staring into space.

Lastly, I hate charging these things. Without any charge, these headphones will not work which is a shame. I was using these at the office a couple of weeks ago then all of a sudden, the battery is dead. Now I have to charge them everyday. Instead of enjoying my music, I now have to worry about charging them.

HD25: Great sound. Bad comfort. Sound is superb but comfortable they are not. When I try them on at first, they're okay. Then after a few hours, the clamping force is too much, they hurt my ears.

Also the cable is too long. I had to buy a shorter cable just to make them portable enough for using outside. Another thing about the cable is that they drop down on the right side instead of the left which is pretty weird for me.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #1,707 of 1,852
AKG K701 - I bought this twice! That damn soundstage kept tempting me.  But there wasssss alwayssss sssssomething about it that didn't agree with my earsssssss.

Jecklin Floats Model II - I keep it more for amusement than for actually listening to music.

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,708 of 1,852
Probably the Koss DJ-100. AKA "The Budget King". They aren't all that bad but given the hype, it was one of the few headphones that I decided to pay 'full price' for...I think $79 at the time -- UGH!

When I consider some of the other headphones I have under $80 -- V-moda M80 for $40, ATH-WS55 for $29, Sony 701's for $35, etc., I Cringe.

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,709 of 1,852
I didn't liked the 1st gen momentum over ears from sennheiser because of the small ear pad...
my ears were cramped because of the small earpads not covering my ear entirely.. as it felt it was supra-aural, not circumaural.
so yeah, I had to return it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back