Headphones without soundcard
Jun 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HIRVI

New Head-Fier
Hello,

My old headphones just broke so I am in need of new ones.
The thing is that the headphones/set I am going to buy must have good positional audio since it is most used for gaming and I don't really use them for anything else.

My budget is something like 150euros but I can extend it a little maybe.

I have considered buying Sennheiser PC 360s but I heard that they are crap without soundcard. Is there any cheap soundcards, I mean CHEAP to make the audio with PC 360s decent?

I am going to order the headset from Finland and the market here is damn bad for the headphones so if you're going to say buy Superlux/Brainwaz or something don't because we don't have them here.

Also everything here is bit costy.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't know what others are going to suggest so, hang in there a little. But if it means anything to you I use one of these $20 Creative USB Sound Blaster cards with great results. They certainly make a noticable difference. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Heard that USB soundcards are not that good. I am complete amateur tho so I might be wrong.

Yeah, can't expect much from USB. I only use laptops not PC. Try posting in the computer audio section. 
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/f/46/computer-audio

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Posted a thread there, hopefully someone will help me out. Is the majority of users from US so do I need to wait over the night?

Hello again...

Probably best to wait 12 - 24 hours. 

Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back