Headphones with bass... Need help!
Feb 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jls89

New Head-Fier
Here's my situation: I'm leaving for Afghan on Friday and I need a descent set of headphones to take with me. I want something that has good bass, because 95% of my music is rap/hip-hop. I also need something with descent noise cancellation, because I'll be staying about 500yds from an airfield. I know almost nothing about headphones, so all I've got to try out is what's on display at BestBuy. As far as the sound, I liked the Beats by Dre Studios but after reading reviews decided against buying them because of the durability issue...and the fact that batteries aren't the easiest thing to get ahold of where I'm headed to. I also liked the Sony XB-500 but the noise cancellation didn't seem very great. I ended up purchasing the Sennheiser HD401 S yesterday and returning them this morning because I wanted more bass out of my headphones... which brings me to here asking for help. With all that said, suggestions please?

Cliffs: Want over exaggerated bass response; descent noise cancellation; preferably no batteries.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 5
I used to have the Skullcandy Skullcrushers. They need a battery, but that is the most exaggerated bass response of any headphone I know. You may still be able to find them locally, and I think they're a bit cheaper than those dre ones. Not great for a big head though.

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 5
I've tried the skullcandy line they have out. I believe it was the G.I. and Hesh on the shelves, sound seemed descent but I think I'd take the Sonys over those. The Skullcrushers weren't there tho. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 5
If you want a good set of headphones with bass-tight punchy bass, try looking at the Sennheiser HD25-I II, the Audio Technica ES10, and the Denon AH-D1100 (personally, I don't think these need to be EQ, although they can give you the analytical sound that many people like if you prefer that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back