Headphones Under 300$
Sep 2, 2014 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gbatemper

New Head-Fier
I have a Fiio E09k, planning to get a FiiO E17 soon to use in conjuction.

I listen mostly to
J-pop, Trance, EDM, and anisong. I'm also a gamer but don't really care much about accuracy of sound location.

Looking to get a bass heavy headphone under 300$. Not sure whether to get a closed or Opened, as I heard Closed are better for bass however Opened sounds more "open". I like to listen to music loudly and blasting with bass.

I'm currently using a DT 990 Pro 250 ohm

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 7
How about staying with Beyer and get the DT770 pro 80?

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Enjoy!
http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-best-bass-headphones-a-head-fi-wiki

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 7
So you want something with more bass than the DT 990 Pro, but is there anything else you dislike or like about it?

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 7
I too wanted some great headphones for techno. I found a tract that really pushes the capabilities of a headphone, it totally stresses a headphones ability to be fast, hard, clear and have depth and clarity and punch of base...I tried about 2 thousand dollars worth of headphones reccomended on this site to be "bass monsters " like the Ultrazone 9000, HI-FiMan 500s, bought a HI-FIMan amp etc.....I WANTED  to like the reall expensive Ultrazone 9000, everyone raves about it, however it, and all the others really flunked, fell flat on their faces, I was really surprised and dissapointed....Finally, I tried a headphone that skunked all the others, it's relatively cheap, I felt guilty liking this headphone the best, but it trully stands head and shoulders above the all of the expencive exotic models....It's by SOL Republic, it's the Sole Republic Tracks Ultra HD....F#@*ing fast, hard, sharp, nothing else at any price could " Punch " like this headphone, they offer a few more expensive models, but this is the one to have.....This is my test track, find it on youtube Dave Nadz & LeBlanc Haamiah  Not my most favorit track in the world...but - Reason is, it has adeep hard clear base beat, particularly in the middle...that when played through a headphone trully reveals wether or not the headphone has balls.

Believe me, I would have paid probably up to $ 700, if I could find another hp that could have surpassed it...don't let the price fool you. It just so happens to be a very cool modern hip looking hp too. I would have bought the old geezer looking Graddos, if it could have done the job the best, just so happens that the hp that hits like Mike Tyson just happens to look " cool "...I am an audiophile, like clasical music, jazz, you name it...but I wanted a hp that could handle all of the extreemes, for instance the ultra low deep resonance of a huge organ pipe in an organ recital...nothing can like the SOL...

Trust me, I spent the thousands to figure it out, I " DID my Homework "....take the money you save, and put it rather into a upper end headphone amp, my reccomendation would be either the Schiit Lyr, or Violectric HPA V200 ($$$) seems crazy to spend more on an amp than the headphone, but I spent the money to find out the hardway....it's sort of like buying a shelby cobra (old school) and putting a crate engine in it....Try the combination, you don't like, you can return...don't go cheapo on the amp though...There are many here on this site who like the FIIO amps ( cheapo ) so I figured I'd give them a try....are they better than no amp, yes, do they make your music somewhat "louder" yes....but you're just getting a louder version of a peice of music, that doesn't bring out the "Punch"....deep base peices like the above will still sound "squashed", just louder...Sounds confusing, but follow my advice and you'll see. My SOL hp combined with my Schiit Lyr, combined with above Haamiah...close your eyes and imagine Mike Tyson speed boxing some pencil head...blap blap blap.....remember - GET THE AMP TOO, if you get the cheapo Fiio amp, you'll think your satisfied, like some guy on an island f'ing some fat girl, thinking he's in heaven, but not knowing about girls like you probably saw at the mall recently....You know what I mean......

Before you say, looks like Beats ghetto crap, TRY them, I did, I Returned the Graddo 80, Ultrazone 9000, BDs and HI-Fimans, not because I couldn't aford to keep them, but 'cause they were just agravating to listen to, knowing a hp just barely over $ 130, makes them sound like walmart shrink wrapped crappo kids toys....Before you say BS, idiot, think - hey maybe the guy MIGHT just have something there....GET THE SOLS, then call me a knuckle dragger, bet you'll be saying instead, " I can't believe all of these other companies charge so much for hps that sound like crap compared to these ".....bet you will :) BETCHYA BETCHYA BETCHYA !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back