Headphones under 200 that look goood and sound great?
Jul 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

alex54

New Head-Fier
I've been looking at the AKG K 181 DJ but I'm not sure that's what I want because they don't look very fashionable and the wire is like 5 feet and 8

What I want is a great great sound where I can listen to my techno, electric-pop music. the appearance of the headphones really important. And great isolation in and out. Oh, and confort.

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 13
style is very subjective and differs from person to person. For example, I know some people who say Beats by Dr. Dre is the most stylish headphone ever made; however, anyone even slightly interested in fashion would know black and red's been faux pas for couple years now. Although the white version looks interesting.

You would also have to take into consideration the rest of your fashion like clothes because as you can imagine different headphone would look different according to your style. 

Personally, I like the AKG k701/702 design. Normally, headphones have very long wires.

Unfortunately I know a lot more about fashion than headphones, maybe someone more knowledgeable in headphones can help you

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 13
Audio Technicas are always pretty stylish. I would recommend Grados for non-scene fashion types, but they're very not isolating. If you can do full-size, ATH-M50s. That is, if you like that.

Fashion is different for everyone. Grados fit my style nicely, since I'm the kind of guy that wears Wayfarers and carries a distressed leather messenger bag. They won't be for everyone. Just like sunglasses, backpacks, everything. Look around at various headphones in the price point and give some examples of styles you like. 

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 13
black radius looks pretty cool I think and seem to fit the bill well

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #12 of 13
I think the B&W P5 looks very luxurious and has a great design. But I wouldn't say it looks "stylish."
Quote:
The entire Phiaton line is pretty "stylish" IMO, check some of those out 

I agree, especially the PS 320. But I wouldn't wear the red ones.

However, the best looking portable is in my avatar picture: Ultrasone Zino!
Too bad it's not isolating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back