Headphones to feel and enjoy music with wide Soundstage
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jsingh4

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys would like to buy a headphone with wide Soundstage, clarity, smoothness, instrument isolation but at the same time good bass not booming or over powering or too much just deep enough to enjoy music, I really prefer a natural sound. I like Trap and dubstep, as well as classical and metal music, so I was thinking for an open back headphone but not sure if can satisfy my bass needs. I had Ath M 50x but I felt that the bass is overpowering and since it is closed back so music feels suffocating and clamp pressure is way too much for me as well as the headband hurts, so would really like to consider your suggestions a headphone so comfy that I don't even feel its there, music so pure and natural. I was thinking of Monoprice Monolith M 1060 but not sure if it can deliver my bass needs. Budget is also not too much about 300 USD.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 9
You might also consider an HE400S, although I am not certain if its bass will suffice for you or not. Great headphone, though. I don't have a good feel for how much bass you are looking for. :)

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Hi guys would like to buy a headphone with wide Soundstage, clarity, smoothness, instrument isolation but at the same time good bass not booming or over powering or too much just deep enough to enjoy music, I really prefer a natural sound. I like Trap and dubstep, as well as classical and metal music, so I was thinking for an open back headphone but not sure if can satisfy my bass needs. I had Ath M 50x but I felt that the bass is overpowering and since it is closed back so music feels suffocating and clamp pressure is way too much for me as well as the headband hurts, so would really like to consider your suggestions a headphone so comfy that I don't even feel its there, music so pure and natural. I was thinking of Monoprice Monolith M 1060 but not sure if it can deliver my bass needs. Budget is also not too much about 300 USD.

I just ordered one of these, Sennheiser HD58X.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones
Normally Massdrop will not ship outside the USA, but there are reshippers, Massdrop will ship to them (inside the USA), then that company will ship the product to outside of the USA.

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 9
Just ordered a pair of Monoprice so will be a couple of days to say but still like my HE-400S as of now. We shall see.

Sep 9, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 9
I think the AKG K7xx suits your needs. It has a wide soundstage, good instrument separation and it provides enough bass. In case the bass is not enough, there's a simple mod that takes care of that. You can get it in Massdrop for 199. Also, you can get it in the sell forum

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 9
Hifiman Edition S fits your requirements to a capital T. They're the widest sounding cans I own. Fairly balanced, yet fun, energetic and lively. Instrument separation is really good.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 9
Hifiman Edition S seems like a good option but I heard the headband is prone to snapping is it true can I do something to prevent it
Definitely. Take care of them. You don't have to baby them like an egg, but be gentle with them. Try not to drop them, and don't stretch them excessively. I've had mine for 6 months now. I'm gentle with them when taking them on and off. They're quite comfortable for me, but I could see them being a bit tight on someone with a bowling ball melon. They will eventually stretch to fit on their own with usage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back