Headphones tight at first ?
Mar 8, 2006 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

HeadphonesUK

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I decided to go for some Sennheiser HD515's as my first pair of higher range headphones (excluding the wireless sennheiser's which i gave up because of the pad pressing against my ear = uncomfortable eventually).

I just have a question.. are headphones usually tight at first then loosen up a bit?

These ones seem slightly tight, but i suppose they'll just loosen a bit and the padding will change about a bit.

What are your experiences ?

Also.. when plugging the headphones into my desktop pc via the 3.5mm adaptor (using integrated sound :\.. i really should get a card soon i suppose), i hear a ringing type sound (which strangely enough i heard when i tried someone else's sennheisers in my pc) but when in the hi-fi i do not - is it a setting somewhere or just rubbish sound card ?

Thx

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 13
Hi,

I just got the same headphones just a couple of days ago and they also fit snug. If you can find something you can put between the earpieces to keep them stretched out "as though someone is wearing them". Im doing this currently and have noticed it already has helped a lil bit. I have had to do this with alot of my headphones. Sound issue you are describing doesnt exsist on my mac so it must be sound card.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 13
Lol, bighead!

Yes, they will stretch out a bit to accomodate your bonce* better.

*'Bonce' is an English slang term for noggin.

580smile.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 13
The pads will soften up and the headband will loosen as well. Just use your headphones often and all will be fine.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Lol, bighead!

Yes, they will stretch out a bit to accomodate your bonce* better.

*'Bonce' is an English slang term for noggin.

580smile.gif

Noggin? Whats a NOGGIN?
Just kidding.......I know its a MELON....lol
icon10.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 13
all those words just for head hihihi

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 13
If the tightness is really annoying you, you can always give them a little (light) manual stretching. I've heard people say that doing so a couple times can really help with wire bands... I suppose it's worth a try in your case.

-Angler
600smile.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
Noggin? Whats a NOGGIN?
Just kidding.......I know its a MELON....lol
icon10.gif

Noggin is what your barnet sits on.... obviously...

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Noggin is what your barnet sits on.... obviously...

Exactly right. Your noggin houses your noddle (and sometimes is your noodle), which is also called a pate or poll. Altogether, one's headroom emcompases one's bean or block, and one's conk or dome.

-Angler
600smile.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #11 of 13
Hi - thx for advice all!

Didnt get hd485 cos wasnt sure if it went around ear (and not sit on..), wasnt very clear on senn website etc, and the reviews for these ones seemed ok, and are designed to sit around the ear.

I've used them more and they're not as tight now i dont think (im prob getting used to them more too lol) - i might try leaving them on something soon, so stretch them out, gd idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back