headphones that work well with ALL of Radiohead songs??
May 15, 2006 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

fengler

100+ Head-Fier
with a lil led zepp mixed in? I currently have Sony V6s, but i might take them back since everyone on this forum seems to rag on them
tongue.gif

May 16, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fengler
with a lil led zepp mixed in? I currently have Sony V6s, but i might take them back since everyone on this forum seems to rag on them
tongue.gif

Get the MS-1's now, cry later..
smily_headphones1.gif

Radiohead makes wonderful sonics that the V6's do not do as much in the way of mid-range and highs, and generally the don't play the music like the Grados do with as much justice and emotion. The V6's are great and would not give them up just bc others rag on them, for beingsub 100$ closed cans, that make great bedside rig phones...fyi,

May 16, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Even over the course of OK Computer I prefer some different headphones. One of my reference HD-650 tracks is Lucky, but very few amps give an HD-650 enough speed combined with the proper tonality for something like Airbag or especially Electioneering. I'm going to agree that a Grado (or Alessandro as above) are going to be your best bet for making everything enjoyable. Any headphone will benefit from good EQ to cut down on the occasionally harsh highs.

May 17, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 7
sweet thats what i like to hear, i ordered some grados (sr-80s) last night and i plan to take back my v6s. oh i how i heart radiohead (Seeing them on june 26th
orphsmile.gif
)

May 17, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 7
I have been a radiohead fan over the course of my headphone phase. I've owned so far a pair of HD650, SR325, sr80, shure e5's, and V6's. more often than not I enjoy using my 325's over the rest of them for radiohead with the exception of Kid A which I prefer the hd650 with the mobius cable. Kid A mixes harsh, washed out sounds with very crisp textural. The HD650's really seperate the two types of sound making the washout sound sit flat underneth the textural. the 325's bring those sounds too much to the serface for my tastes. My advice is to just keep and try to enjoy the best you can your sr80's that you ordered. They're really good cans and even better cans for the price range.

May 17, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't know if answered the post or not, but anything from Grado or AKG (upper models if AKG 1000/701)

IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back