Headphones + Subwoofer??
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Noobiiee

100+ Head-Fier
This may sound stupid but has any1 tried it? Never have I but would solve the real bass impact problem I guess 
cool.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 31
Nope, never tried it, and don't really intend to. I'd just use a whole speaker setup, lol.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 31
a separate one... only thing I can imagine is myself looking like an idiot wearing my HPs next to a subwoofer with no loud speakers playing. Defo sounds like something fun 
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 31
I guess it does sound kinda fun, maybe I'll try it one day :p

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 31

Quote:
This may sound stupid but has any1 tried it? Never have I but would solve the real bass impact problem I guess 
cool.gif

You made my day....lol 
biggrin.gif

You will be able to feel just the sub vibration. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 31
i run headphones and my subwoofer (dual 10" custom) for gaming, occasionally with music if i'm too lazy to switch cans, but for music i typically pick the right can for whatever music i'm in the mood for.

for gaming though, it's pretty amazing :)

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #10 of 31
I run with my buttkicker LFE at times. Many headphones are just lacking in the bass department. Understandable don´t having the dynamics speakers so it does come in handy. As long as you don´t over do it of course.

I could also run with my sub but then the hole idea of using headphones for privacy is shot :wink:

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #11 of 31

Hi oqvist,

Quote:
I run with my buttkicker LFE at times. Many headphones are just lacking in the bass department. Understandable don´t having the dynamics speakers so it does come in handy. As long as you don´t over do it of course.

I could also run with my sub but then the hole idea of using headphones for privacy is shot :wink:

I have a Buttkicker on my PC gaming system.  When you use it with headphones, do you just use a twin-jack Y-adapter at the output jack of your headphone amplifier - to feed your Buttkicker with the same signal that's going to your headphones?   If so, is the SQ of your headphones affected?  What amp are you using?

Thanks,

Mike

Feb 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #12 of 31
Ha that is such a great idea! I went to my living room and used my 5.1 stereo. I tried it with my closed headphones fully on, then one ear on/one ear off - now THAT was cool - you have the POWER of the song while getting the clarity at the same time - me likey :D

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 31
it's a great idea, and it works (infact its in it's own category of awesome) but the subwoofer is very 'antisocial'...:D

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #14 of 31
Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips was a big fan of the headphones + subwoofer idea. Even hosted a headphone concert tour...

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 31
ive used a splitter to listen to headphones and a speaker set up at the same time.  my phones are open, so everything syncs together beautifully and the vibration coupled with the detail is amazing.  good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back