Headphones Recommendation ( 250 -500 $ )
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cudam

New Head-Fier
Hi. I need new headphones. My budget is between $ 250 and 500 $.

I don't have a chance to test the headphones in my city. I will order according to the recommendations.

I am currently using Bluedio Ufo 2. The price is 50 $. The sound quality is average, but the loudness is satisfactory. There are 8 drivers in total. Some serious vibrations on bass music and I like it.

It's time for change. I want a new headphone. A headphone with high sound quality and high volume.
I mostly use bluetooth.

I listen to all kinds of music. I have a very large flac, dts archive.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #2 of 14
Are you looking for headphones that use Bluetooth?

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 14
Wow, another Bluedio user. I have the U2s too. You have the 5.0 version right? Second-gen?

I posted a thread the same time you did, I also want to get new headphones as my U2s are falling apart. I've had mine in downpouring rain more than once, they have been through two winters yet they still work just like new. I torture the crap out of them, I want a reason to get new headphones but they won't give up haha. The only issue is the left hinge is a little bent/loose and where the earcup rotates up and down is broken internally - you can hear something rattling in them if you shake them. The left ear cup now moves side to side, instead of staying in the middle.

But even with all that, they still sound amazing. I still haven't heard anything like it in the price range. And the battery still lasts a whole week or longer.

Did you try running an EQ on the U2s? It seriously helps with sound quality. I boosted the treble and bass a little...erm...(a lot...) and applied a mild EQ. It vibrates a ton at full volume, to the point where they fell off my head once.
Only if there were another pair of wireless and wired headphones like these ones with subs in them - just like these. And theres zero distortion even with the EQ and max volume.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 14
Oct 22, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 14
I recommend Audeze Mobius and im using one myself it a multi purpose headphone a i love it movie gaming music the mobius does the job very well ihave 3 mode 7.1(virtual obviously), stereo and hi-res mode and the new 3D immerion feature. You could connect it using BT too but for it to beable to perform full function you need to connect it via usb cable (the headphone have a build DAC/AMP) and the sound quality is very very satifying. I love the headphone so far it my recommendation under these budget

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 14
Wow, another Bluedio user. I have the U2s too. You have the 5.0 version right? Second-gen?

Yes, version 5.0. Second gen.

It works fine by the price. I am using eq. But, looking for a different new headphone A more clearer, more vibrant headphone.

But I'm a little worried. I'm afraid of making the wrong choice.
You know, sometimes you spend a lot of money, but you are not satisfied.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 14
I recommend Audeze Mobius and im using one myself it a multi purpose headphone a i love it movie gaming music the mobius does the job very well ihave 3 mode 7.1(virtual obviously), stereo and hi-res mode and the new 3D immerion feature. You could connect it using BT too but for it to beable to perform full function you need to connect it via usb cable (the headphone have a build DAC/AMP) and the sound quality is very very satifying. I love the headphone so far it my recommendation under these budget

Thank you so much. Really impressive. I will investigate.

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #10 of 14
Friends, Unfortunately, I couldn't find the recommended headphones in my city.

It is available;

Bang Olufsen H6

Bang Olufsen H8

Bowers Wilkins PX

Sony WH 1000XM3

Which one for you ? I want sound quality, balanced sound and high volume.

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #11 of 14
Bang Olufsen H6

The H6 is a great headphone, but there are two issues: it's not wireless, and it's discontinued. The pad mounting system is proprietary, so when your pads wear out, you may have difficulty replacing them.

That said, if you get a good price for them, they sound great, are comfortable for most folks, and are compact.

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #12 of 14
Friends, Unfortunately, I couldn't find the recommended headphones in my city.

It is available;

Bang Olufsen H6

Bang Olufsen H8

Bowers Wilkins PX

Sony WH 1000XM3

Which one for you ? I want sound quality, balanced sound and high volume.
The Sony’s are great for air travel as the ANC is very good but for just listening to music I would pick something else but I’m not a big fan of Bluetooth headphones.

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #13 of 14
The H6 is a great headphone, but there are two issues: it's not wireless, and it's discontinued. The pad mounting system is proprietary, so when your pads wear out, you may have difficulty replacing them.

That said, if you get a good price for them, they sound great, are comfortable for most folks, and are compact.

Thank you very much, this information is very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back