headphones needed
Apr 22, 2004 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

phiber

New Head-Fier
im basically a DJ i have a pair of HD280s and i need a pair of portable headphones or earbuds or whatever so i can listen to my ipod on the way to school and such id like SOME sort of closed ness so i dont hear the train rattling but i dont have too much money close to $50-$80. so please let me know what i should consider.

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 10
u can try the shure e2s or the etymotic er6s, but theyll ring u up at about 100. in-ear canalphones that isolate very well.

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 10
i was in the same boat as you recently, and I purchased the E2c's and once you figure out how to get them to seal well (I finally did today
smily_headphones1.gif
, they sound great.

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by phiber
do they feel weird or anything? being in ear and everything i would think it would be really weird getting used to? i wouldnt need an amp either would i?

they felt wierd for about 5 minutes and after that i got completely used to them, if you've ever worn ear plugs or anything, they feel exactly like that. The E2's definitely do not need an amp to be driven by a portable, although as always sound will improve with an amp.

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 10
i bought mine from Guitar center for 70, only prob is they don't have any sort of return policy, which a lot of online places do.

Apr 22, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by phiber
i would rather buy locally.

iDealSound is one of Head-Fi sponsors if you are affraid to deal with eBay. And it seems like everyone that bought from there are 100% satisfied.

They also have money-back warranty if you find that E2 is not for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back