Headphones needed for a guitar player.
Aug 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the thoughts, but I doubt they really fit my purposes. 1. They are both open. 2. They are a bit overkill for my purposes.
wink_face.gif

So any idea on the suitable closed phones in price range of 100€-150€ and preferrably available in Europe.

You can go for the K-271, or some Grados that fit your budget.

Aug 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 22
Ok, the AKGs have kinda intrigued me, but there are just so many models in the same price range. So the 271s could be suitable, hmmm. Gotta take a look.

As mentioned earlier, I already have MS-1s as open guitar phones and really do love them. They just provide such a raw sound, which is great for electric guitar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, the AKGs have kinda intrigued me, but there are just so many models in the same price range. So the 271s could be suitable, hmmm. Gotta take a look.

As mentioned earlier, I already have MS-1s as open guitar phones and really do love them. They just provide such a raw sound, which is great for electric guitar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, the Grados family have this electric guitar energy sound. The AKG's are more acoustic.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 22
weren't Alessandro's made for guitar playing? i sometimes use my Grado's to use with my guitar, but I think Alessandro's would be better since they are toned down and will go easier on the ears.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #22 of 22
Not sure if I missed the target completely, but I ended up ordering the SRH840s.
smily_headphones1.gif

I do want to use the phones also for other stuff and they have been pretty highly recommended. Just not sure how they work with guitar.

Well, I guess I can always get myself also the AKGs and leave the Shures for music purposes if needed.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back