Headphones Most Suitable For Kpop?
Oct 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mheat122134

100+ Head-Fier
Hi i'm a newbie here, I was searching through the forum but i cant find anything i want. So i just wanna ask, which headphones would be suitable for listening to kpop (which basically consists of pop, electronic pop (including some rap) and ballads) and a bit of rap? I want something that can really bring out the music in both, sound quality and are comfortable. I was thinking of the V-Moda M-100? not sure if its the best choice, any suggestions? My budget is under $300.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
Hi i'm a newbie here, I was searching through the forum but i cant find anything i want. So i just wanna ask, which headphones would be suitable for listening to kpop (which basically consists of pop, electronic pop (including some rap) and ballads) and a bit of rap? I want something that can really bring out the music in both and are comfortable. I was thinking of the V-Moda M-100? not sure if its the best choice, any suggestions? My budget is under $300.

Heya,

AudioTechnica A900X pretty much nails it when I compared a lot of headphones and some j/k-pop.

Very best,

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 9
A900x are fantastic closed cans. Way better than the regular AD700/900 IMO. I really liked the M80s for KPop, but the MS400s would probably appeal to more people (ironically, they're made by a Korean company). KPop mixes can be a bit bloomy and not layered very well, though I think JYP, Starship, and some other indie labels are doing better in that regard. The treble can be a bit strident on a lot of electronica KPop, so something more laid back in the treble would do well. I personally lean towards a warm, yummy sound for KPop, as vocals and instruments on ballads tend to be very rich and lush, but everything else can be a bit cold.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 9
HD598. 

Really brings out the vocals and is just the right amount of brightness for pop music. Just remember these are open-back headphones, meaning no noise isolation at the cost of a more natural sound. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 9
I have recently been getting into j/k pop and really enjoy them on my denon d5000s. I pre ordered some m100s so I will know how they sound when I get them. a900x is a good suggestion too ^_^

cheers

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I took a look at them they don't have noise isolation like you mentioned, blast out music and the cord is really long also I've read that they aren't durable material?

They're well made but they're plastic, so not as well made as many other headphones. But the plastic makes the headphone very light, making it very comfortable. It depends how you look at it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back