Headphones in physycal store in Shanghai?
Jul 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

diesalher

New Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post, but i've been here learning for a few months.

Sorry for my English, not my main lang.

Well, my brother is gonna travel to Shanghai the next weeks, and i'm thinking make him buy new headphones.

First assumption: the headphones are way cheaper than here in Spain (cheaper than the prices in ebay which i suposse are "europeized" .Is this true?

Someone knows a good place (electronic or sound store) with good headphones? (when i'm saying good, i'm meaning some improvement to my Senns HD555, which when i first bough them it blowed my mind, but now...well, let's say that i'm not enjoying my music as i should

Maybe i'm gonna improve some other parts of the equation as now i'm using

Win 7 foobar WASAPI --> soundblaster x-fi xtremegamer (thinking in adquiring essence ST or USB DAC) -->Senns HD555

Thanks in advance

Jul 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 22
1. It's going to be tough to find genuine foreign brand products in China.
2. When you find it, it's typically more expensive than Europe or the US.

China is a good place to look for Chinese brand products that may be hard to find elsewhere.

Jack

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 22

Quote:
1. It's going to be tough to find genuine foreign brand products in China.
2. When you find it, it's typically more expensive than Europe or the US.

China is a good place to look for Chinese brand products that may be hard to find elsewhere.

Jack

Thanks!.

What about finding an Audio-gd DAC (i think it's chinese)?. Is gonna be some difference in price ? or just maybe is not possible to buy it in-person. Anybody knows?

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 22
Not necessarily - if you go to the right legit places the products should be legit in China. Most foreign brands are made in China / Taiwan anyhow, and China IS a huge audiophile market (it's been like that since the 70s and 80s, especially now with the booming rich population, the market is arguably larger than North America and Europe combined) so expect cheaper audio products, maybe not on imported equipment though.

Of course if you go to shady places in China you will get counterfeit audio equipment though.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
ok but can you mention one place that has some headfi suff like a portable DAC in some shady or non shady Shanghai area? :wink:

tent

Not unless you do some searches on Chinese audiophile/electronics websites or forums. Still there should be plenty. Ask a Chinese friend to do some online search for ya or something.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 22
I've been to the physical store. They're legit. To make sure you're at the right place, here's an image

Quote:
Here's a real answer.

安润耳机旗舰店地址:上海浦东张杨路588号百脑汇4楼4A03

电话:021-58355844

I can meet you at the pearl tower and drop you off at the shop. There's another 2 WAYY out in puxi, but the stores are in the middle of nowhere. Best bet to get good deals is to get several items then ask for a discount. ASK NICELY.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 22
I know this is an old post, but I live out in Puxi - can you tell me where those other two shops are? I've been looking for a place to audition amps or dac/amps. Thanks!

-Scott
Quote:

I can meet you at the pearl tower and drop you off at the shop. There's another 2 WAYY out in puxi, but the stores are in the middle of nowhere. Best bet to get good deals is to get several items then ask for a discount. ASK NICELY.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #12 of 22
i am digging up this old thread to ask the same question..where can someone buy in Shanghai headphones like Fidue and Dunu? I'll be there next week for a couple of days and i wonder if there's any headphone shop in city center..

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #13 of 22
You might try Soundluck, they're close to People's Square. There are other decent shops as well, but I only remember this one. They have a taobao presence, not sure if they'll honor TB prices there but it doesn't hurt to ask.

上海市浙江中路160号 实体营业时间 10:00 - 20:30

http://soundluck.taobao.com/#bybrand

not sure if they have the brands you want, though I spent a good amount of time listening to their Yulong stuff (sounded great, btw). Were I still in SH I'd spend time there listening to Hifiman, really curious to hear the new 400S

Jun 9, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #14 of 22
  You might try Soundluck, they're close to People's Square. There are other decent shops as well, but I only remember this one. They have a taobao presence, not sure if they'll honor TB prices there but it doesn't hurt to ask.

上海市浙江中路160号 实体营业时间 10:00 - 20:30

http://soundluck.taobao.com/#bybrand

not sure if they have the brands you want, though I spent a good amount of time listening to their Yulong stuff (sounded great, btw). Were I still in SH I'd spend time there listening to Hifiman, really curious to hear the new 400S

thanks for your tip, i visited the shop and although they speak not one word in english they tried to assist. unfortunately they didn't have any hifiman headsets in stock, but i got myself a really nice deal on Westones W40 (abt eur 350) which is much lower than i find them in Europe. so in all, i am very happy with my purchase

before that i also visited Jaben store in Shanghai, like the one above was a bit tricky to find..they had very few headphones on display, mainly philips, sennheiser, sony and akg..oh and a couple audio technica. nothing interesting though

still, Singapore remains my paradise place for headphones shopping..

Jun 9, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #15 of 22
yeah - I think a LOT of folks in China just taobao their shizz and use the return policy if they hate it. I used the heck outta taobao when I lived there :)

how does singapore compare to japan in terms of headphone shopping? I never looked @headphone stuff there but there are so many darn good shops in Tokyo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back