comfort is excellent

cup is modified from a symphones design
    and my own design adapters for senn px100 drivers and hm5 velour pads

3d printed in black pla
    with
    sony mdr-7506 headband

OI000001.jpg

2. Lazarus Short
    My solution was to position my Proton 300/301 table radio (with right channel speaker) on either side of my bed. It was basic near-field listening, and with comfort. These Protons, btw, are powered speakers (two-way, biamped) with attached tuner-preamp. They sound great, as well.

3. SilverEars
    I think this is a good choice as it's small enough(at least for people with the right sized canals), and price is pretty reasonable for the sound you get. Not so expensive to worry about damaging it. So, since it fits inside, I think it's a choice in case you happen to lay on the side as well. Perhaps there are something really tiny, the only wires sticks out.

I dunno if you can have a really good speaker system that has good directional while you are lieing down. If the bed is in the center and have a speaker system on the sides, that works, but if looking for something that does not leak sound, I think IEMs is the way to go. May not find the highest quality one that meets the needs of size and comfort, but for simple listening, it's probably the most practical option there is.

For bed listening, it's not something serious for me, but listening to some podcasts.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  4. Podster
    These are pretty easy to sleep in:wink:

NX1 4G Touch X7.JPG

5. Whitigir
    The best headphones in bed I can fall asleep in is MDR-z7