Headphones Have's and Have's Nots
Feb 9, 2015 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
I was about to buy a High-end headphone but I could only use my credit as of right now and it would of bring me way higher than I originally planned this year. Have you gone out and bought the high end headphone and made you owe more money than you planned? If not, whats a have and have not that revolves around your headphones?

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 7
We're a cash-only household when it comes to purchases--including headphones and audio gear. It keeps us within our budget and prevents us from over-extending. That's just how we do it. If we can't pay for it, we don't get it.

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 7
Never.  I am very financially responsible in that regard.  I only buy what I can afford and I want what I have, I don't have what I want.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 7
  I was about to buy a High-end headphone but I could only use my credit as of right now and it would of bring me way higher than I originally planned this year. Have you gone out and bought the high end headphone and made you owe more money than you planned? If not, whats a have and have not that revolves around your headphones?

Unless using credit means you can pay it off on some kind of zero interest plan and you'll still be well within your monthly budget (not to mention not passing up on a good deal), never buy unnecessary things on credit. Save credit for necessary stuff - like a car if you need that to get to work, or over here, some banks offer 0%/12-24mos refinancing on any hospital bill charged to their credit card.

"Sorry about your wallet" is meant to be a joke, not an actual reality. I see too many people making more money than me, have more stuff than me, and are paying off higher credit card interest than me, and they're just amazed at how I'm still using an SGS3 (hell, I'd still be using my original SGS if it didn't brick) or how my laptops last me nearly twice as long as theirs, and I'm using plastic Windows/Linux machines (I just buy a battery or new HDD halfway through its service life). Hell, I'm still using just an HD600 and my Cantate.2; the only things I've purchased since that amp in 2012 was my ASG-1.3 in 2013, and a week ago I got a Superlux HD330 for my desktop gaming rig and my home office (with the laptop), just to give my ears a break from using the IEMs for most of every work day.

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 7
  I'm not sure I understand. What is a have or have not on credit? I'll have what I want now. credit or no credit.
6 figures for me, another 6 figures for my wife means that I buy what I want within reason. She saves. We are opposites. Thank god for that.

No not a have or have not on credit just a have or have not you done with headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back