Headphones for trance music and gamin' for less 200$
Nov 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

r1sh

Head-Fier
Good day!

I've got right now Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 i totally love it, they are so light that i even sometimes forget about them.

I want to make a little upgrade of them for more quality headphones but not more then 200$

Needs are the same: gamin' Call of Duty MW3 on Creative sound card and listenning for trance music.

I live in russia so the only way for me is to buy on ebay or in russian shops.

I saw ATH-A700X , they are closed and look lovely, can any one give any suggestions and comments?)

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #2 of 27
SoundMAGIC HP100 would suit your needs perfect, they are super comfy too

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 27
well i dont know if you will get them that price shipped to russia, Zococity.es has them, and so does advancedmp3players.co.uk

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 27
Ultrasone HFI-780 is a balanced and engaging set that handles EDM very well (as most Ultrasone headphones) as well as having good positional cue accuracy by itself, and due to its signature it can be used for both immersive and competitive gaming.

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 27
They are both under $200, even with shipping costs. Do you have high custom taxes in Russia?

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #8 of 27
IMO, use the money to get an amp for your audio technica's first, like some FIIO. Then use the saved money to later buy a nicer headphone. Because basically any headphone worth its 200 dollar pricetag will need some amping to sound its best.

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 27
Well I happen to use ATH-M50s for that purpose (gaming+trance/dance) and they are a good compromise between bass response and imaging, the later being important for locating your opponents. You'll however miss the soundstage.

Don't know if you'd call that switch an improvement though... Perhaps you van keep the AD700 for gaming (they're amazing for that purpose) and get HD25 II's for trance?

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #10 of 27
The ATH-M50 have a very cramped soundstage, which hurts gaming quite a bit. The HFI-580 is far better on that regard, as well.

The thing is that the ATH-AD700 is very good for competitive gaming but due to its signature, it's not that good of an option for immersive gaming, and certainly not that suited for EDM.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Painfully false.

@OP:

The A700X and A900X would be excellent for you. Also look for a Beyer DT770 PRO.

Very best,

Thank you for the answer, I even haven't heard of such brands)) In russia they also cost about 270$... just tooo expensive:frowning2:

Quote:
They are both under $200, even with shipping costs. Do you have high custom taxes in Russia?

In this site http://www.zococity.es/list.aspx?advs=1&cat=0&search=SoundMAGIC%20HP100 they cost 172 pounds, in Russia it's about 250$ but 200$ for me is just a deadline)
Quote:
IMO, use the money to get an amp for your audio technica's first, like some FIIO. Then use the saved money to later buy a nicer headphone. Because basically any headphone worth its 200 dollar pricetag will need some amping to sound its best.

Thabk you for your answer,What kind of amp?

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:
The ATH-M50 have a very cramped soundstage, which hurts gaming quite a bit. The HFI-580 is far better on that regard, as well.

The thing is that the ATH-AD700 is very good for competitive gaming but due to its signature, it's not that good of an option for immersive gaming, and certainly not that suited for EDM.

i've bought them instead of small monitor panasonics and it was terrific and sounds became more surround i guess and i copuld  hear each sound by it self not in just one beat..))

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #14 of 27
My HP200 can go to Russia for $200 if you want, better soundstage than HP100 and also more neutral but still good for your needs

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 27
My HP200 can go to Russia for $200 if you want, better soundstage than HP100 and also more neutral but still good for your needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back