Headphones for Saffire pro 24 DSP.
Feb 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Waqar

100+ Head-Fier
Hello i am in search of some headphones that match well with the Saffire pro 24 DSP?

I am wondering if anyone have some experince with this unit, and what headphones that is recommended for the vrm function?

You can read about the VRM function and the unit here:
http://www.focusrite.com/products/saffire/saffire_pro_24_dsp/VRM/#VRM

I can imagine that Headphones that dont color the sound too much, and sound flat could be a good combination with this unit with the wrm funtion?

Soo i have tried too search for some answer on this topic but could not find much, and btw the headphones i use with this unit allready are Sennheiser hd 25-II, Sony mdr7509Hd, akg 240s.

Soo what headphones do you guys recommend for this unit that the sound is flat and does not color the sound too much, that are a better match then the headphones listet above?

I have looke at the krk 8400 and they look like a good match or maybe not?

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
It looks like a good choice, i will look into it thanks. But are there any difference from 701 and 702 in the sound? other then design?

Members claim AKG replace the drivers during the production time of the K-701, and there are differences between the versions, and this why I recommend you the K-702.

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 9
I purchased this device and am using it with the Denon D2000's (I have no idea how I came about using these in the studio).

One thing I've noticed after making the switch from Presonus FireBox to the PRO 24 DSP is the high impedance (With VRM turned on or off - doesn't seem to make a difference) I need to have the volume knob atleast mid way for the headphone outputs. The sound from D2000 seems to have lost punch, and I find myself getting bored of the sound very easily.

I really have to rely on producing music with headphones,  so the VRM was a must for me, and, I've been looking at headphone amps to accompany the setup (possibly a tube amplifier, for excitement)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back