Headphones for Paramore lover ...
Sep 13, 2009 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I have Sennheiser HD595 right now, and I like to upgrade that now... I think they sound pretty good, so I first thought that I should get Sennheiser HD650... But according to others on this forum, I shouldn't buy those for the type of music I like.... I need a headphone amp and Dac too, so if you know a good combination, feel free to tell me....

Ok, I listen to Rock and are a BIG fan of Paramore.... But I also like Bloc Party, Linkin Park and Foo Fighters.... So there's my type of music.... I don't want to buy Grado... I know everybody will say that I should buy those... But I can't have headphones like them, cuz they are not covering your whole ear and are not comfortable... I even think my HD 595 is anoying after some hours.... And it's not only that.. Grados have allmost no bass...

*I want as much bass as the Sennheiser has.
*As I pointed out I want comfortable headphones that covers the whole ear.
*I have open headphones now and I think that's the best, so open it is.
*My budget is around 350~450 US$

And please if you have time, check if you can buy the headphones if you live in Europe(Sweden) And if you can, please tell me a good site to buy from that is cheap and reliable...

If you need more information, please tell me... I'm not good at explaining....

Thank you for your time !

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados having no bass? Have you by chance actually auditioned any grados in your price range?

I second that.

By the way, $300-$450 is MUCH better spent on music at this point. Get a subscription to Rhapsody, $450 should last you ~2 years I think- $20 a month, right? So 2 years.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 26
I hate to say it, but you're looking for a grado. We share very similar taste in music, my favorite can right now is SR325, and with Senn HD414 pads they are very comfortable and have plenty of bass. Sounds fine straight out of a source (laptop/mp3 player), and even better out of a dac/amp. If you are still not sure about them, I think you should take a small portion of your budget (<$100) and check out some Sr80i's or MS1's with some comfortable pads before you rule them out. I hate to see you miss out on a great presentation for your music because of some preconceived notions without at least a demo.

JJ

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 26
AD700's would be very good for your music, but they are a bit bass light.
They are also really cheap..

But, you need as much bass as senn, eh?
You're options are kind of slim now...
bassy, open, comfy, good for paramore..

I would say Beyer DT880's would be the only thing that I know of that really fits that bill.
It also requires an amp.

I would say that you should try out the AD700's first =p before spending all that money.
They do what I think you want pretty damn decently

EDIT: I also think that a Grado would be good for you, btw, but you already dismissed it, so I wasn't going to recommend it again.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 26
Yeah, I don't think you'd be satisfied with the bass from the AD700. I was thinking about the DT880 FWIR, but I've never heard them myself, so I can't really recommend them. If you'd be willing to try some closed cans, the Denon's are very comfortable, have great bass, and are good for rock. I'm curious to know what you choose and what you think of them once you've had a chance to try them out.

JJ

Sep 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 26
I didn't know you could change the pads on grados... :p So I can have the same comfortable as with my Sennheisers ? I don't know where I can test grados... Everybody says they are good, but don't really want to buy on internet and not knowing if I like them....

Should I get the Grado SR325is ? and how do you change pads ? is it easy ? and where can I see witch pads that fit the grados ? and where do I buy accesories cheap ?? :p

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know you could change the pads on grados... :p So I can have the same comfortable as with my Sennheisers ? I don't know where I can test grados... Everybody says they are good, but don't really want to buy on internet and not knowing if I like them....

Should I get the Grado SR325is ? and how do you change pads ? is it easy ? and where can I see witch pads that fit the grados ? and where do I buy accesories cheap ?? :p

You most definately can change the pads on Grados
beyersmile.png
I have the Alessandro MS-1i (Grados SR125 variant, just a bit more refined) and I find them awesome for paramore, as well as other types of music in that genre, like flyleaf and much more. Once you hear a set of the grados for that type of music you will truly appreciate them.. I too came from a Sennheiser HD212Pro, older - but it went over my whole ear, I use the reverse Sennheiser 414 pads and quarter modded on my Alessandros, and it doesnt cover the whole ear but it has a different feel than the stock pads, and I find them comfortable. If you could get a chance to hear some Grados or Alessandros I would really reccomend it, as they really shine in this type of music.

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #9 of 26
If anything, getting an Alessandro is a much safer bet than going with a full-fledged Grado. I disliked the SR60, but I love my Alessandro MS-1i's. The sound signature is more flat, and the overall sound is smoother. Also, comfort is relative. What's comfortable for me may not be the right fit for you. Same with headphone "sound quality". Don't take everything you read at face value. You'd be better off ordering from a store that accepts returns and if you don't like what you hear, return them.

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes you can change pads but just be aware that it is not to circumaural pads like what you have on your HD595. The HD414 pads are still flat on ear pads but more comfortable that the stock pads.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 26
Ok... You can't have pads as my Sennheiser HD595 on Grados...
frown.gif
Who the hell created grado ?!? Why couldn't they just make them comfortable ?? Pitty.... Anyhow, I can't have headphones like that...

There should be other headphones that are great for my music type... Sennheiser HD650 is still considerable for me, cause don't they sound like an upgraded pair of Sennheiser HD595 ?? And I like the sound with them...

Please come with more tips (no grados..) and not Skullcandy... Hate those..

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD414 Pads fit onto Grados.

Yeah, but they are still not comfortable.... With my Sennheiser the pads almost doesn't touch my ears, but grado's pads are ON your ears...If you have headphones like this on your head for 10 min your ears will hurt... But I'm still considering Grado.... Alessandro MS-2 sounds good too...

Can somebody answer if Sennheiser HD650 has the same "type" of sound as HD595 ?? Then HD650 would be great, cuz I like the sound from the HD595... Just need some more details... And I rather have a little less good headphones that you can actually use without hurting your ears...

EDIT: "ATH-AD1000" or "Beyer DT 990 Edition" any good ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back