Headphones for my sons 13th birthday?
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

frog

New Head-Fier
I want to get my son a pair of his own phones for his birthday to use at home with his pc and ipod. He has a pair of old UE metro fi's buds for portable use but I would like to get him something else.
I have a pair of beyer dt 231 that he quite likes so i was thinking perhaps a pair of Beyer dt235's but am happy to be advised by you guys.
I am in the UK and budget is about £50.........................many thanks.

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 4
I've read good things about them Beyers, but at that budget the most heavily praised headphone is the JVC HA-S500. (It's on amazon for around £45) They are on-ear though, and some have reported discomfort after some time wearing them.

If comfort and sound isolation are higher priorities the Panasonic RP-HTX7 has gone down in price a fair bit recently and is still worth the coin. (around £35) But only if you or your son can stomach the vintage design.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello!

My suggestion is Sennheiser HD439! It's comfortable, good imaging, good bass respond, easily driven, good soundstage, master in trance, electronic, a bit of rock and does pretty good with other genre of music! The detachable cable makes it easy for the future in case the cable broke (one of the biggest killer in headphones)

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back