Headphones for my girlfriend
Feb 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sp3aker

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a bit of an audiophile novice, and I am looking for some advice on what headphones to get my girlfriend for valentines day. I personally use the Koss Pro DJ100's, and my GF has fallen in love with them. She is soon getting an electric piano (which is apprently not the same as a keyboard, go figure) and needs some headphones to go with them. I am looking for something that would be portable at the same time, and perhaps with a slightly smaller cup size (still talking about headphones here :wink:), so they are a bit more feminine. Style is reasonably important, and i suppose femininity in the styling would be best, but only to a degree, like no super size headphones.

My Budget is around £80 (around $130).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 8
The ones that come to mind is the Akg K 518's. They have different colors to choose from. I dont know about their sound quality though. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 8
If you wanted something a little more stylish and retro with good sound quality would probably go with the the Incipio f38-they come in a variety of colors (turquoise, coffee, white, etc.). They are a clone of the Fischer Audio FA-004 (great headphones for the money) and quite a bit less expensive, They can be purchased in U.S. Amazon.com for around $30 USD. So I'm sure U.K. price would be hopefully around the same price. Happy Listening.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 8
ATH-M50 aren't too big, but maybe you should just get her a pair of DJ100 since she has already fallen in love with them?

Oh and an electric (digital) piano is different than a keyboard in that it is mostly dedicated to accurately replicating the sound and feel of an actual piano, they have less bells and whistles than keyboards and more craftsmanship goes into making an accurate reproduction of an actual piano. They aren't necessarily larger, but they usually have 88 keys whereas keyboards can have fewer (especially cheaper ones). Digital pianos also traditionally have wood paneling and a permanent stand where keyboard stands are collapsible. They aren't portable and they are more expensive than keyboards.

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
ATH-M50 aren't too big, but maybe you should just get her a pair of DJ100 since she has already fallen in love with them?

Oh and an electric (digital) piano is different than a keyboard in that it is mostly dedicated to accurately replicating the sound and feel of an actual piano, they have less bells and whistles than keyboards and more craftsmanship goes into making an accurate reproduction of an actual piano. They aren't necessarily larger, but they usually have 88 keys whereas keyboards can have fewer (especially cheaper ones). Digital pianos also traditionally have wood paneling and a permanent stand where keyboard stands are collapsible. They aren't portable and they are more expensive than keyboards.

They come for about less than half the price of a typical upright piano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back