Headphones For Music & Movies?
Apr 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MohammedHamid94

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a set of headphones that I can use on a daily basis for both music and watching movies from a laptop.
The MP3 player I will be using is a Sony Walkman X Series.

Since the earphones that were provided with the X Series broke I have just been using standard JVC Gummy headphones. (Using as an interim measure)

I have seen the Sennheiser HD650's but many reviews suggest MP3 players aren't powerful enough to work with these.

The type of music I listen to varies from HipHop/Rap to Dubstep and Trance.

My ideal budget would be around £270.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mohammed

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 7
Ultrasone PRO-900. These are great, lots of bass and I really enjoyed mine when I had them. I find that most movies do well with a bit of "oomph". But then again, they (as well as pretty much all other headphones in the £100+ class benefit from amping. Doesn't have to be anything extreme, an most portable amps won't cost too much. 

If you're looking for something more portable, you could always go with the classic Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii (and even have lots of money left for an amp or a buck load of Red Bull)

Denon D2000 could also be an option. So could the ATH-M50 which is a great all-rounder at it's relatively cheap price. 

I realize all of these are closed headphones and I can't really comment on the open ones as I've never spent much time with those. Hopefully someone else can help you out with those if that's what you're into. 

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Stall,

Thanks for the response.
Out of those recommended I'll certainly look into the Denon D2000's & ATH-M50's.

I may have forgotten to mention that 'Style' was also something I'm looking for in the headphones, as I'll be using them pretty much everywhere.

I'd rather have closed back for the above reason. I'll be wearing them on public transport so would rather keep my music to myself instead of have it leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back