Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Apr 23, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #7,531 of 12,279

Couldn't agree more actually 
gs1000.gif

There is also HD800S Dior Homme Edition that will be out very soon 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Can't wait to see who gets one first! 

/It is so beautiful! 

Holy moly, those are sexy!  Any ideas how much they'll cost?  @Evshrug ?

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #7,533 of 12,279
I've been quite happy with my LCD-3-it's endgame for me.  I have a Dharma which I've kept as they contrast quite well. That said, I listen to a set-up that accommodates speakers and headphones in the same rig, and I've been using my speakers more than my Headphones. But, headphones for extreme metal it is much of the time with wife and kid.

Some room treatments and subwoofer as future additions to my speaker rig leaves me feeling that while I'm might improve upon the LCD-3/Dhrama pair, I think I'm done for now. Now, later on if I don't get the itch to get new speakers or something, who knows?!

Unlike many some of you, I have taken to heart the line, "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" .

Or maybe, be happy with what you have.......the grass is always greener. There will always be a shiny object. 

Meant tongue-in-cheek-I love this thread and have consistently learned a lot from from you guys. So keep reaching for the next best thing. But this Headfier, has temporarily stepped off the hamster wheel.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #7,534 of 12,279
  I've been quite happy with my LCD-3-it's endgame for me.  I have a Dharma which I've kept as they contrast quite well. That said, I listen to a set-up that accommodates speakers and headphones in the same rig, and I've been using my speakers more than my Headphones. But, headphones for extreme metal it is much of the time with wife and kid.

Some room treatments and subwoofer as future additions to my speaker rig leaves me feeling that while I'm might improve upon the LCD-3/Dhrama pair, I think I'm done for now. Now, later on if I don't get the itch to get new speakers or something, who knows?!

Unlike many some of you, I have taken to heart the line, "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" .

Or maybe, be happy with what you have.......the grass is always greener. There will always be a shiny object. 

Meant tongue-in-cheek-I love this thread and have consistently learned a lot from from you guys. So keep reaching for the next best thing. But this Headfier, has temporarily stepped off the hamster wheel.

I came pretty close to snagging the LCD-3 but the X just tickled my ears a little better. What amp/DAC you got going?

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #7,535 of 12,279
  I came pretty close to snagging the LCD-3 but the X just tickled my ears a little better. What amp/DAC you got going?

Oh, the X is a great headphone. I could have been happy with one.

I'm using a Nuprime DAC-1Oh. It's one of these hub multi tasking units-DAC/PRE and HP amp. It's been ideal for me as I can switch inputs and switch from headphones to speakers with the ease of a remote.  It took care of several problems in one do-it-all device as I was assembling my system. It's pretty much the nerve center for a desktop kind of rig with headphones and passive speakers. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/nuprime-dac-10h-digital-analog-converter-headphone-amp#2Fpj3rjzbQ0Fqjp6.97

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #7,536 of 12,279
Holy moly, those are sexy!  Any ideas how much they'll cost?  @Evshrug
 ?

Anyone who wants to know pricing and release date, click here:https://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphones-earphones-dior-edition

Near the bottom of the page, you can subscribe to know the details as soon as Sennheiser is ready.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Apr 24, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #7,537 of 12,279

I also said 2-3 years ago that the LCD-3 was my endgame headphones but I'm still here today.  lol

But to be honest with you, the LCD-3 was really my endgame headphones, I should have kept them and stay away from any hype trains head-fi in the last couple of years.

Now I'm very close to say that the Atticus is my new endgame headphones and maybe it's also time for me to enjoy what I have for a while, sometime I have the impression that I'm spending more time on tweaking my setup, versus listening to music.

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #7,538 of 12,279

I also said 2-3 years ago that the LCD-3 was my endgame headphones but I'm still here today.  lol

But to be honest with you, the LCD-3 was really my endgame headphones, I should have kept them and stay away from any hype trains head-fi in the last couple of years.

Now I'm very close to say that the Atticus is my new endgame headphones and maybe it's also time for me to enjoy what I have for a while, sometime I have the impression that I'm spending more time on tweaking my setup, versus listening to music.

I'm saying the same with my LCD-X now, but it doesn't matter how much I love them, I'll always have the concern that something, somewhere, somehow is better.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #7,540 of 12,279
  I'm saying the same with my LCD-X now, but it doesn't matter how much I love them, I'll always have the concern that something, somewhere, somehow is better.

Like I often said to my girlfriend, "I will always see womens that are more attractive than you but you will always see mens that are more attractive than me" (And my GF is super hot..lol)

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #7,541 of 12,279

Only speaking for myself but the journey is just as enjoyable,if not more so than the actual headphone.
I reach for my sextetts about 75% of the time,even though i have vastly more expensive HPs in my arsenal.

As Lemmy once said:

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #7,542 of 12,279

Those sound like killer headphones. I hope you find your audio nirvana with them!

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #7,543 of 12,279
  Only speaking for myself but the journey is just as enjoyable,if not more so than the actual headphone.
I reach for my sextetts about 75% of the time,even though i have vastly more expensive HPs in my arsenal.

As Lemmy once said:

Lemmy was so right 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back