Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Jan 7, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #6,286 of 12,271
  =I would recommend introducing them to V-Moda, I have converted a bunch of teens into audiophiles through sporting my M100, V-Moda's approach is from the DJ side of things, which is more relatable for teens. The headphones look quite badass too. Make them buy M100/M80, the rest (sources/amps etc.) will follow when they google the headphones and end up on head-fi :D

I've always wondered about those. They do look cool. Do they handle metal well?

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #6,287 of 12,271
  I've always wondered about those. They do look cool. Do they handle metal well?

yes very well. They have a slightly V-shaped signature, was my go-to cans for the longest time for commuting. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #6,289 of 12,271
yes very well. They have a slightly V-shaped signature, was my go-to cans for the longest time for commuting. 

I find the treble too rolled off and the mid bass too bloomy for metal. Also, they are not very detailed and muddy the layering in metal. But to each their own I guess.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #6,290 of 12,271
Sorry, I should not have said mainstream. I should have said basically 80s and 90s metal that was mainstream. For example, they go bananas over Opeth (which we all would think of as mainstream)

80s metal isnt mainstream...thats a blanket statement.

There was mainstream in the 80s as well as obscure,same as any type of music,from all eras.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #6,292 of 12,271
lol, how old is this "young kids"?
I found that "young kids" nowadays like overly simplified music, lol

I'm also a big fan of Opeth, I wish they go back to the extreme side for the next album.

17 or 18 lol. They like simple metal and I expose them to metal artists that make more complex music, they love it!

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #6,295 of 12,271
popcorn.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #6,296 of 12,271
Jan 8, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #6,298 of 12,271
  I'm genuinely interested in his opinion. Seems most people on here like prog and black metal.... and a couple thrash here and there. But there are many good metal genres out there besides those three.

what kind of metal you listen to?

I like everything that has progressive influence, prog death, prog black, etc.
tradiational black and death are excellent too!

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #6,300 of 12,271
  what kind of metal you listen to?

I like everything that has progressive influence, prog death, prog black, etc.
tradiational black and death are excellent too!

inb4 the incoming hate, I actually listen to a good amount of metalcore, like a good 50% chunk of my metal is just that. I know the genre gets a bad reputation for bands like bring me the horizon, asking alexandria, and the general scene kids like that but it is often overlooked. The metalcore I listen to is the ones with the deep down to earth and philosophical lyrics and amazing guitar riffs. As I lay dying, trivium, haste the day basically. Definitely throwing in the older killswitch engage for lyrical content, not a whole lot of bands but definitely gets the most head time.

I listen to a couple melodic death metal bands like the old in flames, I'm not a thrash guy by any means but I love megadeth. All shall perish is good but I can't stand their terrible recording quality, so I stick to the old as blood runs black, not a huge deathcore fan but those are the two bands I like. A couple other bands that I don't keep track of the exact genre are battlecross, shadows fall, iron maiden, lamb of god, stone sour, and solution .45

I prefer death to black, and core to progressive. I think the metal genre is the most diverse out of them all so I don't like limiting myself to a set of genres though. Most of the metal I like is for the lyrics and melodic riffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back