1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by levap, Apr 21, 2014.
First

Back
561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570
572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581
Next

Last
  1. YtseJamer
    Ok thanks :wink:

2. heliosphann
    Yea, I've found the Atticus to be very amp dependent. It's very much a synergy thing and what really get's them to "open" up.

I scored a crazy deal on some Amiron's a few weeks ago. I personally find the Amiron to be very smooth, yet detailed and musical. I've not heard a ton of Beyer's, but it's certainly the best I've heard to date. It particularity like how good it sounds on my WA2.

3. heliosphann
    Anyone done much pad rolling with the k240 Sextett's? Only tried a few pads so far, but haven't had any great matches.

4. Monsterzero
    I believe @Fearless1 has done some pad rolling on them.
    My son bought a pair that came with Brainwavz angled pleather pads and they sound about the same,but more comfy.

5. Fearless1
    Yes sir I have, shure Alcantara pads sound awesome( and are comfy).

Hansotek likes this.
  6. heliosphann
    No way! You know how many different headphones I've put the Shure Alcantara's on and they just kill the sound. It's a shame cause they are insanely comfy. I'll have to try them on.

7. Fearless1
    Agreed, I hate them on everything except the sextett and the HE 400

8. hemipowered007
    They sound great on my he4, and denon d2k
    They did not sound good on the denon with stock cups though. But wood cups and a few very minor mods, and they're wonderful.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. gazzington
    Hey guys. What’s the best headphone on the lower end to f the budget for doom, black and death metal? I have meze 99s which I love but I want something I’m less precious about when I’m out and about. Sorry ocd sufferer.

10. Dobrescu George
  11. Mcgeggy
    I bought these last month and they are absolutely terrific. But they really come alive with the EQ app HF Player by Onkyo, as someone had previously mentioned. I returned the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm that I purchased first. Can’t believe they sound this good AND have the option of using either via cable or BT.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. Mshenay Contributor
    Sooo I accidentally gave the Campfire Cascade a listen just now with some Metallica, I am trying to respectfully not listen till I hit the 100+ hour burn in mark. I don't believe in burn in but Ken recommends it so I'll abide by his recommendation before I start seriously listening.

Non the less who boi... these bad bois are METAL APPROVED!!!!! Let me TELL YA something! Quite good... in fact I'ma go sneak another listen >.> yea man these little 42mm drivers can REALLY kick!!!!!

Overall I have to say these have a very mean sound, great for metal!!! Like... I kinda think I'm going to get in trouble with my wife again >.>

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    jinxy245 and Monsterzero like this.
  13. hemipowered007

Compare it to the he4

14. Hansotek
    Well, they're supposed to sound like the Vega, which is my go-to IEM for metal, so not surprised.

jinxy245 and Mshenay like this.
  15. Mshenay Contributor
    hehe, there not as fast/powerful/textured in the lows as the HE 4, I've yet to find anything that is... the HD 800/LCD 2 come close but nothing imo beats the HE 4 bass just yet

First

Back
561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570
572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581
Next

Last