Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Oct 10, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #2,671 of 12,280
Oh no that actually makes it almost possible. I'd have to get a good deal on the HE-6, but I think it could be possible. Something to keep in mind.

I was also thinking about a pre-fazer lcd-2 but that weight scares me. I practically live with my headphones on my head. Then again the HE-6 isn't much lighter and I don't see people complain about it.

The HE6 is quite a lot more comfy than the Audeze. I didn't like my LCD 2.2 for metal at all, FWIW.

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #2,672 of 12,280
The HE6 is quite a lot more comfy than the Audeze. I didn't like my LCD 2.2 for metal at all, FWIW.

Ironically enough, I like the Audeze LCD-2.2 for metal quite a lot.

And if the original poster sees this, I don't think that Audeze's weight is as terrible as people make it out to be. I am a thin person by nature, and I've never found the weight to be an issue. Even when I use my LCD-XC, I am not bothered by how heavy it is. The only time heavy headphones bother me is when I'm studying and am hunched over my books. Then I'd pick a really snug/clamp happy headphone like the HD600 or the ATH-AD2000 or the Shure SRH-1540.  

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,674 of 12,280
Some interesting points here. How is the clamping force of the He-6 compared to the LCD headphones? Do glasses wearers have problems with either of them? Does the LCD-XC compare well to the LCD-2/X, or is closed back just too inferer?

I doubt the LCD-XC would be in my budget, even used, but I do generally prefer. Closed back.

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #2,675 of 12,280
Some interesting points here. How is the clamping force of the He-6 compared to the LCD headphones? Do glasses wearers have problems with either of them? Does the LCD-XC compare well to the LCD-2/X, or is closed back just too inferer?

I doubt the LCD-XC would be in my budget, even used, but I do generally prefer. Closed back.

The LFF enigma sound better to me and a couple of other people who have tried them than the LCDXC so you might want to read up on them.

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #2,676 of 12,280
@Hansotek - I will just drop these two things here for you:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783649/questyle-cma800r-mint

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/questyle-audio-cma800r-headphone-amplifier

Pair of monoblocks for you right there for a very low asking price.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,677 of 12,280
  @Hansotek - I will just drop these two things here for you:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783649/questyle-cma800r-mint

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/questyle-audio-cma800r-headphone-amplifier

Pair of monoblocks for you right there for a very low asking price.

Oh God, my wallet!! Dang it! That one on Addicted to Audio is AUS/NZ only. :frowning2:

Ack! No! Don't know what to do!!! So much debt... such good sound! 

Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #2,678 of 12,280
Oct 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #2,679 of 12,280
Oct 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,681 of 12,280
Oh no that actually makes it almost possible. I'd have to get a good deal on the HE-6, but I think it could be possible. Something to keep in mind.

I was also thinking about a pre-fazer lcd-2 but that weight scares me. I practically live with my headphones on my head. Then again the HE-6 isn't much lighter and I don't see people complain about it.

I think if you get a good fazored LCD2, you'd be in good shape.  I've had to fazored versions. My first died. It always had a peak/weird brightness, but was always really good with metal.  My second pair doesn't have the brightness problem. I think it's a more ideal pair and probably more representative of the typical fazored LCD2.  It's still really awesome for metal.  The power is there, the tone of the guitars are there, and the treble is soft enough that the ****ty recording of metal isn't a big problem

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #2,682 of 12,280
  I think if you get a good fazored LCD2, you'd be in good shape.  I've had to fazored versions. My first died. It always had a peak/weird brightness, but was always really good with metal.  My second pair doesn't have the brightness problem. I think it's a more ideal pair and probably more representative of the typical fazored LCD2.  It's still really awesome for metal.  The power is there, the tone of the guitars are there, and the treble is soft enough that the ****ty recording of metal isn't a big problem

So you think there are "bright" and "smooth" LCD-2 fazor versions? Or may be perseption plays some part of it? :wink:

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #2,683 of 12,280
There is a fair amount of variation between different pairs of the Audeze range. Check the thread on modifying the LCD-3 for insights...

I have even seen measurements of four different LCD-3f headphones that show the differences are measurable (sorry, can't post links to where these measurements are held).

Given the cost of the Audeze headphones these variances and the driver failure rate make them hard to recommend to anyone who isn't a diehard for their signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back