Headphones for jazz inspired instrumental hip hop
Oct 19, 2016 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HelpMePls

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm quite new to this whole headphone scene and am yet to purchase my first pair of half decent ones. I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for headphones that are good for jazz inspired instrumental hip hop (sorry for being so specific). If you'd like to know what music I'm talking about, the Jazz Vibes playlist on Spotify is a great example. For the price, I'd rather not go over $600 AUD (approx. 460 USD). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

The Spotify playlist I'm talking about can be found here: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/3YxrKQSAnQGlgxrEAWbwSm

Regards,
HelpMePls

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Honestly I'd start with a pair of koss porta pros. $40 or so. They'll get you very far with that style. Are you talking about Glasper, Christian Scott, Maurice Brown etc?

If you're spending more, maybe the Audeze EL-8 open back model. I've heard those as well and I think they'd work for you.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 4
It would help if you said what your setup was. I downloaded Spotify and Tidal Hifi sounds much better I hope you have Premium. Never heard of this genre before. Just listened to few but Evil Needle Mood Music is quite nice. Just listening on my phone right now from my HE 400S's is very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back