Headphones for gaming/music
Jun 16, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #16 of 26

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO DAMN HARD TO CHOOSE A BLOODY HEADPHONE?!?? :D

Because on Head-fi we do not suffer from having to "choose" a headphones as we just buy them all.
That why we say "Sorry about your wallet".

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #17 of 26
Buy my Stax Sigma, then you get soundstage /jk

Anyway, you need a source for the e9 too. Could be a sound card or a DAC.

Used is also an option if you wanna go that route.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #18 of 26

Because on Head-fi we do not suffer from having to "choose" a headphones as we just buy them all.
That why we say "Sorry about your wallet".

haha, good one! :) wish i had the money to "just buy 'em all"

Buy my Stax Sigma, then you get soundstage /jk

Anyway, you need a source for the e9 too. Could be a sound card or a DAC.

Used is also an option if you wanna go that route.

source? can't i just use usb to the amp? :)

Used is definetly an option... hadn't thought of that! :)

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #19 of 26
The sound stage for the x1 is very wide though. Not as wide compared to the others mentioned but it is definitely enough for fps gaming . IMO the sound stage difference is negligible for gaming purposes

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #20 of 26
The sound stage for the x1 is very wide though. Not as wide compared to the others mentioned but it is definitely enough for fps gaming . IMO the sound stage difference is negligible for gaming purposes

You're not making this any easier... :D X1 is in for the game again! :)

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #21 of 26
You're not making this any easier... :D X1 is in for the game again! :)

Well it IS in the lead on your poll so.. that might be what what you are looking for. It also has the most bass in your list, which is very nice on your music genre preference.you might want to change the stock cable if you are going for the x1's though, some people don't like the warm sound from impedance issues with it, I personally like the stock cable though.

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #22 of 26
Well it IS in the lead on your poll so.. that might be what what you are looking for. It also has the most bass in your list, which is very nice on your music genre preference.you might want to change the stock cable if you are going for the x1's though, some people don't like the warm sound from impedance issues with it, I personally like the stock cable though.

It sounds really good... damn... having a hard time! :)
I might be able to pick up a cheap pair of AD700's though and if i find them cheap enough i'll go for them. But if I dont find any, I think i'll go for the X1!

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #24 of 26
2 things:
Source: Could be a sound card, you computer, a DAC. Does the work of converting 0's and 1's into sound.
Amp: Amplifies the signal from the source.

They are 2 seperate things you want, your computer is likely a bad source. These units also come in one package, that's what's called a DAC/amp.

So you could get a sound card and an amp for example. Or a sound card with built in amp. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #25 of 26
It's about a 100-ish $ difference between the 2 so you might want to do that

Yeah, I think I'll give it a try!

2 things:
Source: Could be a sound card, you computer, a DAC. Does the work of converting 0's and 1's into sound.
Amp: Amplifies the signal from the source.

They are 2 seperate things you want, your computer is likely a bad source. These units also come in one package, that's what's called a DAC/amp.

So you could get a sound card and an amp for example. Or a sound card with built in amp. 

Might just get something like a SB-Z and then I'll always be ableto upgrade in the future! :)   

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #26 of 26
This thread is good: http://www.head-fi.org/t/530008/the-eu-deals-thread/585#post_10641572

Users who are viewing this thread

Back