Headphones for gaming CoD and BF BC2
Jan 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #16 of 34

Quote:
too bad that noone can  compare ad500 and ad700=( I found this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/444302/ath-ad700-vs-ath-ad500

but I can't say which of all listed differences is importiant for gaming...I can't decide wether spend 60$ and take a risk of trying AD500 or spend 90$ and go for AD700 which are 100% gaming...

If the difference is only $30 I'd go with the AD700. Why risk getting something you won't like when the price difference is that small? 

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #17 of 34

Quote:
i have Ad700 & dt990

and i love using ad700 more with games, the soundstage is huge and its very comfortable especially for long playing Session
even though the bass is weak but i find that is a good thing when i play online because i can sense the sound directions better which make it more Accurate at locating enemies (Especially Cod games), and you dont need an amp for ad700 to sound great.

bottom line,  you can't go wrong with ad700 when it comes to online games.

maybe you're right.....

by the way, can any one tell me how to configure Creative X-Fi Gamer sound card for gaming?
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
If the difference is only $30 I'd go with the AD700. Why risk getting something you won't like when the price difference is that small? 

well, in russia it's quiet enough amount of money, for example we with my girl buy food once a week for us for 30-35$ =)

but I think AD700 are really worth it and if I will ,somehow, in the futer sell them, they'll be more competitve and demand)

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #18 of 34

Quote:

well, in russia it's quiet enough amount of money, for example we with my girl buy food once a week for us for 30-35$ =)

Well if you put it like that... I think it's best if you yourself decide how much value you put on a good gaming headphone. If you don't have a lot of money I, personally, would think that you probably have bigger priorities than a headphone. :) See, it's perfectly possible to play videogames with a cheaper headphone. It's not like the AD700 will be a night and day difference from something like a Koss KSC75, relatively speaking. Just try and be sensible about it. (being sensible on head-fi... HA!) 

Actually, the Koss KSC75 is pretty damn good gaming headphone! Mod it with a cheap headband and you got yourself a pretty sweet gaming tool. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #20 of 34
How big of a difference between the AD700 and DT990 do you notice with the soundstage? Also is the DT990 really that much brighter than the AD700?

Quote:
i have Ad700 & dt990

and i love using ad700 more with games, the soundstage is huge and its very comfortable especially for long playing Session
even though the bass is weak but i find that is a good thing when i play online because i can sense the sound directions better which make it more Accurate at locating enemies (Especially Cod games), and you dont need an amp for ad700 to sound great.

bottom line,  you can't go wrong with ad700 when it comes to online games.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #21 of 34

Quote:
And about this one? SteelSeries Siberia V2

http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2

What i read about them, they are excellent for gaming.

honestly I don't believe that anything that have label "for gaming" can be quality imo) FOr example I've used my previous mouse pad for 7 years, I spent 15$ on it in 2003 year and it "died" two month ago and when I came to gaming shop to buy a new one, I looked ar razer's mousepad and was surprised negatively, they looked like made of china's underwear))) but on the pictures they are loooking great)) the same is with mouses, the have fiew dpis, not quality lasers and so on, but their price is much higher then price og logitech g500 that have one of the best lasers  of all mouses=) But it's my thought on this subject...

Quote:
How big of a difference between the AD700 and DT990 do you notice with the soundstage? Also is the DT990 really that much brighter than the AD700?

I've bought AD700, my first expression is that they will fall of my head)) After my rp-dj300 I can't feel anything on my head, that smashing me)) it's not habitually for the first hours. They are very loud, in the morning I'm listening music before going to work and either in winamp and in windows I put 10% of all sound to clear  very well) Sound on them is very clear and too treble, there is no Bass at all and in gaming it is felt very well, I had to rize low hz and low high hz)) But the sound is really 3D, I have to get used to it's so unusual))

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #22 of 34
People consider the AD700 to have a good, large, sounstage.  While it has a large soundstage for gaming, the DT990 has an overall more accurate soundstage while being nearly as large.  I think for both music and gaming alike there's no comparison between AD700 and DT990's soundstaging-- DT990 wins in both.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #23 of 34

Quote:
People consider the AD700 to have a good, large, sounstage.  While it has a large soundstage for gaming, the DT990 has an overall more accurate soundstage while being nearly as large.  I think for both music and gaming alike there's no comparison between AD700 and DT990's soundstaging-- DT990 wins in both.

and if just for gaming? Maybe if I had money for choosing it in the shop, I'd compare them with other model, but I had only opportunity to get them from hands, so the field of serch isn't quiet wide))

i also had opportunity to get Steelseries Siberia v1 for 56$ in the shop, but I could find any sufficient reviews, and couldn't compare them with AD500=(

What about comparing Sennheiser HD 380 Pro to AD700 for gaming? Who's the winner?)

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #27 of 34

Quote:
I can't stop thinking that I could spend almost 500$ on christmass holidays on food and headphones))))) I'm getting crazy
eek.gif

I understand what you reply about my suggestion, and I respect that. But you should consider this bargain:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Gamecom-open-eared-Headset-Surround/dp/B0041SEFKS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326365893&sr=8-1-spell

I hope isn't against of the forum rules, put webstore links.

Ok, i know this is, also, labeling for gaming, but the price is really good.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #28 of 34

Quote:
I understand what you reply about my suggestion, and I respect that. But you should consider this bargain:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Gamecom-open-eared-Headset-Surround/dp/B0041SEFKS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326365893&sr=8-1-spell

I hope isn't against of the forum rules, put webstore links.

Ok, i know this is, also, labeling for gaming, but the price is really good.

I've read comments about it in Russian forums, this headset has software 5.1 with it's external soundcards with not high quality ( it's 100% worse then any of creative). And
the point is that you spend 50% of price on soundcard and 50% on headset. I don't think that headset which cost 30$ can be fine enough)) besides, material of driver's cover is very very cheap and it gets dirty very very fast....

In the company, where I work our call center uses plantronics and jabra headsets, they have good quality, but this stuff.....isn't good stuff, likely beacause of brand "gaming" =)

If I had more money I would by Roccat Kave because they have real 5.1, 3 dynamics for each ear, 4 jacks + usb, it gives real surrond, they are my dream))

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/audio/roccat_kave_5_1_headset_review/1

But I've decided to take ad700 and try them, anyway I bought them from hands and if I'll decide to sell them, I won't loose much money, so the next step I see is using roccat kave...

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #30 of 34
ive used the dt 990 as gaming cans, love them.

just used the optical out of my xbox 360 (you gotta have the adapter, i have mine that came with my old xbox 360 elite package), and i plugged it into my DAC and voila, no noise, crystal clear sound, and the soundstage was perfect for gaming, you could hear everything, they put turtle beaches to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back