Headphones for EXTREME BASS
Nov 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

silversonic6500

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am retracing my steps a bit. Let's just say I'm a total nooblord, and all I want is EXTREME BASS. I want the most hard-hitting, punchy, and powerful bass that any pair of headphones or IEMs (either one) can deliver...as close as it gets to a subwoofer

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 70
^Note: I already use ATH M50s with a Fiio e11 for my audiophile cravings. Now I'm looking for a "fun" pair of cand that basically have CRAZY bass with POWER. I'm willing to but any portable amp that I can velcro onto the back of my iphone 4S.

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 70
Mods, is it possible to open up a separate basshead forum?

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 70
1. Sony XB500.

End of list. Go buy these. They are the most bass you can get. Only 50 bucks too. They are seriously the most bass heavy cans. Like 2 subwoofers. If you won't more bass, you'll have to get a pocket amplifier, FiiO E7.

What are you waiting for? Go get some! :D

But for real, coming from a guy that uses his almost every day for dubstep and whatnot, trust me. :)

Hope this helped!

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 70
1. Sony XB500.

End of list. Go buy these. They are the most bass you can get. Only 50 bucks too. They are seriously the most bass heavy cans. Like 2 subwoofers. If you won't more bass, you'll have to get a pocket amplifier, FiiO E7.

What are you waiting for? Go get some! :D

But for real, coming from a guy that uses his almost every day for dubstep and whatnot, trust me. :)

Hope this helped!

Have you compared with XB700, XB1000?

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 70
Nov 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #12 of 70
I'm pretty sure that when I had the XB500, out of an amplifier giving extra juice with something like a +20db bass boost nothing rattled my jaws more than that, not the IE8 or Atrio under similar circumstances. It's primarily due to the driver size difference. Actually if I remember correctly I couldn't use that +20db bass boost because the bass was just out of control that the driver vibrations was literally distorting the music, so I had to push it down to a +12db bass boost.

If want bass and absolutely nothing else, go for that.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 70
@MalveauX, I've actually read through that forum quite a bit before I became a member, and I've trued out most of those IEMs already. They just don't seem to satisfy my "out of control" bass needs. I already have ATH M50s, and I am planning on using those for less bass heavy music. So I'm going with the XB 500s for now. Just one last minute question: A lot of the bass heavy music I listen to isn't exactly dubstep. It's more hard-hitting and a bit punchy bass such as DS Sound Maze (link): 

http://www.beatport.com/track/maze-original-mix/3605298

So will it suite that kind of music well. I'm pretty bad at distinguishing kinds of music so just making sure...

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #14 of 70
Quote:
@MalveauX, I've actually read through that forum quite a bit before I became a member, and I've trued out most of those IEMs already. They just don't seem to satisfy my "out of control" bass needs. I already have ATH M50s, and I am planning on using those for less bass heavy music. So I'm going with the XB 500s for now. Just one last minute question: A lot of the bass heavy music I listen to isn't exactly dubstep. It's more hard-hitting and a bit punchy bass such as DS Sound Maze (link): 

http://www.beatport.com/track/maze-original-mix/3605298

So will it suite that kind of music well. I'm pretty bad at distinguishing kinds of music so just making sure...

Heya,

I just listened to the track, most of that is mid-bass and lower mid-bass, not so much sub-bass. So any headphone that outputs monstrous levels of mid-bass will rattle your face off.

The Ultrasone PRO900 would likely satisfy.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back