Headphones for a Novice
Mar 5, 2006 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zuberfde

New Head-Fier
Hey. I'm not much of a headphones expert, but I'm a musician and I need some good headphones for very cheap (hopefully less than $60). I'm looking for a full sized pair of headphones that fully cover the ears, and it would help if they're sealed. Of course the sound can't be tinny; I'd like good bass, but not too much (I have a pair of AWG headphones that look nice and fit nice, but don't have any bass whatsoever). Various websites have pointed me to different headphones. Some have said the Sennheiser HD 201 is my best bet, but some reviews have pointed out that it's lacking bass. Any suggestions? I know I have picky tastes, but don't we all?

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 5
IMHO i think the HD201 has too much high for me to bear and too little bass unless I press the drivers to my ears. I get that annoying shrill ssssss everytime there's an s sound. but other than those complaints they're pretty decent and for 20 bucks you can't lose.

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 5
It's genuinely difficult to find a pair of worthwhile closed headphones at this range. I have recently purchased a pair of HD205 for a friend and they were pretty good. Isolation is good. Bass is also sufficient. My friend was very happy. I didn't really spend enough time with it, so I don't know whether to recommend them to you. By all means look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back