Headphones broke again...this is a trend, how do I avoid it?
Oct 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SOLIDOPS

New Head-Fier

So my current pair of headphones can only work if you put the plug in a certain way, and if the cord near the plug is straightened or in a certain direction.

I'm 100% certain it is because I have a nasty habit of wrapping my 'phones around my iPhone tightly. I've had many pairs of headphones break or stop working as a result.

How can I avoid this? I feel like if I had a case that would has a form fitting design for the headphones, I would be inclined to put them in the case instead of wrapping them around the iPod. 

What earphones have a relatively small case designed for the earphones they come along with?

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 7
"I'm 100% certain it is because I have a nasty habit of wrapping my 'phones around my iPhone tightly. I've had many pairs of headphones break or stop working as a result.

How can I avoid this?"

Stop wrapping them around your iPhone tightly like that? lol

I can think of three 'phones off the top of my head(probably because I have them) that have the kind of case you're describing.

Monster Miles Davis

Sony EX600/EX1000

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 7
Why does the case have to be form fitting?  It is a nice touch, but really a non factor in terms of protection.  I use the OEM cases provided with my UM3x, ER4S and HF5 without causing any damage.  It isn't exactly rocket science.

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Unplug them, do the three finger wrap loosely, and put them in some sort of container. It doesn't even have to be a hard case unless you're tossing them in a bag where they could be crushed.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Some Monster Turbines have lifetime warranty and Sennheiser MX980s are mighty durable. I wrap all those headphones and they're still surviving my abuse.

The Sennheisers look tough, I'm not against spending money for headphones but what if I screw them up? $180 down the drain...
frown.gif

Quote:
"I'm 100% certain it is because I have a nasty habit of wrapping my 'phones around my iPhone tightly. I've had many pairs of headphones break or stop working as a result.

How can I avoid this?"

Stop wrapping them around your iPhone tightly like that? lol

I can think of three 'phones off the top of my head(probably because I have them) that have the kind of case you're describing.

Monster Miles Davis

Sony EX600/EX1000

The Sony cases are the ones I'm looking for!! The EX600s are affordable too. 

Quote:
Unplug them, do the three finger wrap loosely, and put them in some sort of container. It doesn't even have to be a hard case unless you're tossing them in a bag where they could be crushed.

Ah, this seems to be the key phrase here. I do wrap the headphones loosely sometimes, but I unplug at the end when it's all tied up already, then I wriggle it loose from the phone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back