Headphones and Source for a budding audiophile? (<$300)
Mar 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hotkeys

New Head-Fier
Hey there head-fi! I've been using apple buds for the longest time, and for a while have been thinking on upgrading. A couple days ago the buds stopped working on one side, so I've decided to finally go for my first decent audio setup. I'm looking to spend no more than $300, and would prefer headphones (over ear) over speakers. I also need some sort of source, be it a soundcard, dac/amp, or whatever else. The headphones will be used for gaming, music, and music whilst gaming. Would anyone be able to offer some recommendations?

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 6
What kind of computer is this being hooked up to? (I'm basically interested in what kinds of hardware it can, or cannot, accommodate)

The ATH-M50 aren't a bad headphone (although I'm not a fan), but depending on what you're starting out with on the computer's end, there's a number of good options that might be a better fit for you or your tastes.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 6
What kind of computer is this being hooked up to? (I'm basically interested in what kinds of hardware it can, or cannot, accommodate)

+1

Depending on the equipment you have, you might want to put most of your money into headphones.

In addition to the computer, what kind of portable audio devices do you have?

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, put more detailed information about hardware (computer, portable devices) and your taste... With $300 budget, I believe that you will have a large number of choices of headphone and/or DAC/Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back