Headphones advice
Aug 20, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 23
I would second the Meze 99s and Neos. Very comfortable, beautifully made, easy to drive and have good bass with a warmer sounds that helps to tame some of the sibilance and thinness that you sometimes get for less than ideal metal recordings.

Another good choice imho would be an old pair of Mr Speakers Mad Dogs or Mad Dog Pros, which are basically modified Fostex T50 planar magnetic headphones. I have MDPs and though they are not very efficient and a bit heavy, they are otherwise my favorite headphones for heavy metal.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #17 of 23
I would second the Meze 99s and Neos. Very comfortable, beautifully made, easy to drive and have good bass with a warmer sounds that helps to tame some of the sibilance and thinness that you sometimes get for less than ideal metal recordings.

Another good choice imho would be an old pair of Mr Speakers Mad Dogs or Mad Dog Pros, which are basically modified Fostex T50 planar magnetic headphones. I have MDPs and though they are not very efficient and a bit heavy, they are otherwise my favorite headphones for heavy metal.

Have you tried the model Classics and Neo? If yes, their sound is different or is kinda the same? I ask this because Neo is way cheaper than Classic model. The bad is that Neo doesn't include 3m cable which I need it to connect to my amp in the living room.

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #18 of 23
Have you tried the model Classics and Neo? If yes, their sound is different or is kinda the same? I ask this because Neo is way cheaper than Classic model. The bad is that Neo doesn't include 3m cable which I need it to connect to my amp in the living room.

I have tried the Classics. They will not sound exactly the same if anything because of the walnut wood enclosures vs the plastic / leather (?) enclosures of the Neo. However I doubt you will be disappointed with either. There’s also the $180 classic 99 “Noir” version on Massdrop, though that seems to be in preorder right now.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #19 of 23
I have tried the Classics. They will not sound exactly the same if anything because of the walnut wood enclosures vs the plastic / leather (?) enclosures of the Neo. However I doubt you will be disappointed with either. There’s also the $180 classic 99 “Noir” version on Massdrop, though that seems to be in preorder right now.

Massdrop is just modify by someone and not a "brand" product right?

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #20 of 23
Aug 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #22 of 23
1 year from Meze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back