1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone w/ more bass imapct than AKG q460?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by iso, Feb 6, 2013.
  1. iso
    Hi, could someone recommend me a headphone w/ more bass impact than the AKG Quincy Jones Q460. I really like the bass impact on the q460 and I also like that the treble is really soft/ the complete opposite of harsh. What I dislike about the Q460 is the mids, they sound boxy/congested. 

So this is what I want. 

Strong Punchy/boomy bass
    Soft treble
    and decent or good mids.

Bass is very important to me, I had the ad900x which have outstanding mids and treble, but lacked bass impact, so I sold them.

Budget = $230 or substantially less is fine too.

2. Master Shake
    Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80's good impact, and really dig into sub bass when called upon.
    Ultrasone Hfi 580- Havent listened although apparently a lot of mid bass impact.
    If u got money leftover and you got the dt770's get an amp for them like a fiio e7 or an e11

3. iso
    Thanks for the recommendation. I had the dt770's long time ago, before beats came out, and personally I thought they had mids overly recessed and too harsh highs. I'll might try them at guitar center again and see if I like them now.

I'll look into the ultrasones too. Again, thanks.

4. Nati123
    I agree with Master Shake. A Fiio E7 or E11 would be a great investment. I currently own the E11, and it improves the sound, really! Apart form that, it has a bass equaliser, and if the bass of your q460s or the new ones wasn't enough, you could adjust it like you want. It has 3 bass options (0- the normal headphone-bass, 1- punchier bass, 2- really impactful and punchy bass). I've got the Sennheiser HD439, which isn't really a "bassy" headphone, but together with my Fiio, it really rocks :wink:

5. Bill-P
    If you don't want to overblow your budget, look for Audio Technica ATH-ESW9.

Or if you want absolute bass impact and don't want to compromise any midrange, then pray that you'll somehow find a pair of Audio Technica ES10 for ~$230. I think I saw a pair in the For Sale section for $275 the other day.

6. iso
    I forgot to mention that I have an E7. I will look into the AT models. I really like the mid-range of the AT models.