Headphone upgrade from the Sennheiser PC350's
Aug 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Simonzi

New Head-Fier
Right now, I have a pair of Sennheiser PC350's, that came with the Asus Xonar Xense sound card. The mic on it has died (only thing I can think of, is from rolling over the cord with my chair so often), so I've just grabbed a desktop mic. With that being done, I'm looking at getting just a pair of dedicated heaphones for my computer. I just want to make sure what I'm getting will be better than the PC350's, which have always seemed like a decent set of cans to me.

I'm looking at a ~$150 budget, and looking at things such as the AT M50's, Grado sr80i's, etc... It will be a pretty even split of music, gaming, and movies. Any other headphones I should be looking at? Or will anything in the $150 bracket not be an upgrade? Just looking for some advice, thanks :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 2
What music genres?

I like my HD555s a lot, but these are discontinued, so I guess the HD558 would be the closest option. But I honestly don't know how it compares against the PC350...
Please note, the HD series are open designs. You should also take this into consideration (would you rather have open or closed headphones?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back