Headphone upgrade $200 budget
Nov 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

soundisee

100+ Head-Fier

I currently own Panasonic HTF600's with Beyerdynamic valor pads and I feel it's time for an upgrade. I currently have them plugged into a Mbox 2 music interface and I don't think they are bad for the price but I get an annoying rattle buzzing sound with certain sounds especially bass. When I'm not using headphones I use my Mackie MR5 reference studio speakers.

That being said I'm looking for a new pair with a $200 budget, this can also include buying a headphone amp such as the fiio or whatever is recommended.

I mainly use my headphones for listening to music, games, and use them for recording music. I mainly listen to Electronic, Indie, Ambient, and some Rap and Rock here and there Examples: (Tycho, M83, Amtrac, Little Dragon, Daft Punk, Cut Copy, Washed Out, Toro Y Moi). I do find bass important but I also don't want it to be overkill. Another important thing is comfort, I'm also willing to rip off my valor pads if needed.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 3
So after doing a bunch of reading I've been looking into Beyerdynamic DT 770 and 990, not sure which to go with and what the difference is between the ohms. Any other headphones in this range that I should consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back