Headphone suggestions
Oct 28, 2004 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Beach123456

1000+ Head-Fier
I posted something like this earlier, and i got a lot of people saying get canalphones for your ipod instead of HD555s with amp. I cant get the canalphones because i am only 13 and my parents get mad when i cant hear them because of headphones. Anybody recommend any open headphones for ipod? i dont care how portable they are, it is not important to me, but i need good SQ. up to $150.

Oct 28, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 6
If you dont care about portability a cmoy and a pair of AKG K240's would be quite nice. You arent going to get the most out of the amp unless you get a sik imp or whatever to give your ipod a line out.

Oct 28, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Since you said in your other thread that you liked rock I'd say go for a used Grado SR-225 or an Alessandro MS-1. They're suppost to be great for rock, and are completely open so you can hear everything going on around you. Though they do leak sound a lot (one person has described it as "strapping cheap multimedia speakers on your ears, facing outward") so you may want to take that into consideration. For a closed can which won't leak very much, but still doesn't completely isolate you, the Sennheiser HD25-1 is pretty good, and in your price range.

Oct 29, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
thanks guys. Didnt realize i could edit a post. Anyone here tried the 555's and could tell me how they sound?

You're best off just making a new post, otherwise people won't realise you've changed your initial post.

Do a head-fi search for 555, you'll get loads of responses. Perhaps limit the search to the "full reviews" subforum of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back