Headphone suggestions for metal please ;/
Dec 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

IIDi3CEII

New Head-Fier
I'm a college student looking for headphones ( or IEMs) for metal that are under 100 USD but could stretch it to 150 max. life have been miserable without a good pair and since amazon has that free shipping thing going on thought now would be a good time to make some purchase :D

I listen mainly to metal, occasionally trance, techno and random anime music, rarely pop unless I feel like dancing. The sub genre for metal I listen to the most are symphonic, melodic death metal, dark ambient, death, doom, Celtic ( folk) and black ( Viking). I sometimes love listening to heavy metal.

I'm not very knowledgeable regarding headphones, prob wouldn't even understand bass or good mids or bad treble or even talk about amps.. I just want a decent one.

What I look for :
-closed cans ( must-don't want people look at me funny when outside)
-good noise isolation ( I cannot strength just how important this aspect is to me)
-good for low growls
- makes me feel alive, isolated from the world, in my own realm or like in a room where music is blasting and booming at me from every corner
- durable (I am very rough with them)
-comfy ( would use them for long hours but could get accoustomed to the uncomfiness if needs to be)
-covers my ears ( doesn't have to be but sure it would keep me warm all winter haha)
-crispy? Clear?
- not overly huge

Looking at HFI 780, Shure SRH440 and AKG k240mkii.
Beyer DT 770 and Shure SRH880 seems a bit over the price for me atm. ;(
For IEMs, looking at Shure SE215LTD and Atrio mg5(mg7)

If anything could be done to Grado or Alessandro to make them closed cans or better noise isolation, I'd gladly do so? -LOL.

I haven't been using any high end headphones so anything should be a whole new awesome experience to me.

I know I'm asking for a lot for that price range but anything close enough would be great. Any suggestions would be awesome!
Otherwise I'm just going to get something fore 20 bucks

Thank you.
( hopefully I'm in the right forum )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back