Headphone sugestion
Aug 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lumx

New Head-Fier
Hello to all

I don't know nothing about sound systems so i decided to ask here for help.

I have a laptop and i have Sound Blaster Xi-Fi Xtream for notebooks to improve my sound quality over on-board sound card.

The difference is very big between them but u what some good headphones beside Philips HE590 that i own for a year and some crappy Creative headphones that came with the sound card wen i bought them.

I listen to Heavy metal, rock, death metal sometimes
very_evil_smiley.gif
and i play a lot games.

I don't know what to buy and my budget is around 50pounds i can push a bit more if it is really worth it.

Thanks
icon10.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 13
Patience, dear one...getting grumpy after 4 posts won't help. The world spins through several different time zones, y'know...

Do you want full-size or in-ears? Open or closed? What's your budget (oops, £50+/-...)?
I'm guessing from your music tastes you want an upfront presentation.

so...have a look at
Grado SR60 full-size open.
or cheaper, Koss KSC75, clip-on, open

In Ear Monitors:
UE Super Fi 5 Pro (also available as an Extra bass model, EB, I believe) - whoops, outside yr budget.

Crossroads X3i

Audio Technica ATH-CK7

That should get you started....

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 13
I own both Grado SR60 and Ultimate Ear super.fi 5Pro for a long time. Both are excellent for classical music, Jazz. Super.fi is better for New Age, Rock.

Super.fi is very comfortable for my ears, almost no sound leakage, but it needs patience to put on properly, and it seems to be fragile, hence I have not dared to use it in Gym or exercise.

I like Ultimate Ears so much that I will order the new metro.fi 150 (US$30) for exercise, hence my recommendation.

Ez_ear

Aug 6, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally

I want in ear cause full size are much more expensive i thign and are bigger.

What would you suggest.

Seriously? I'd suggest you work on your attitude.

'Finally' & 'whats wrong with you people' just doesn't cut it.

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 13
Calm down man. That chip on your shoulder looks quite heavy.

I assume you've already searched through what must be over 10 or 20 threads on this subject, carefully read all the recommendations contained in them, and found none of them useful?

As for buying things in London, it probably won't happen. Most good headphones are hard to find in stores and when you do, they're very overpriced. Be prepared to buy online or pay more for something that sounds good.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:19 AM Post #12 of 13
Ok, so its not a problem buying things online for me.

I hate London for being expensive and almost everything must be bought online and you have to wait and wait until they arrive.

I red the recommendation and thanks after waiting for 2 days for some help :p

I'm thinking of getting UE Super Fi 5 Pro

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 13
Audio Technica ATH-AD500 or ATH-AD700 will make good all-rounders. People on Head-Fi seem to love Grados for rock music. Both the ATs and the Grados are low impedance and can be driven easily with your laptop. Im sure you can find some reviews for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back